“Great location for Legoland”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just 7 minutes drive to legoland. It has a great breakfast range (waffles, muffins etc). Best breakfast offered amongst the 6 places we statyed during our trip travelling down the west coast from SF to San Diego.

Room Tip: The reception was really good in offering a room away from the highway. So dont get discouraged by i...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

This is a really nice review. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are in a beautiful area and convenient to all. We hope to see you again soon. Best,
Cris

There are newer reviews for Ramada Carlsbad

Reviewed December 31, 2012

1  Thank CraigRanchoCordova

Reviewed December 29, 2012

For the rate we paid, the room and breakfast were fine and I have no complaints. What I was somewhat surprised and disappointed by was the customer service at the front desk. When my family and I arrived, the booking agency we used to reserve our room had not forwarded our reservation request. We needed to call to request that they do so. What I found surprising was that my partner and I were expected to use our cell phones to make the call to a toll-free number. It wasn't until we had trouble getting through that one of the attendants used the front desk phone to call. Finally, my partner got through to an agent who was able to help. Since when is it policy to have customers provide their own customer service?

Reviewed December 29, 2012

1  Thank Joyce L

A Wyndham traveler
SOLANA BEACH
Reviewed December 27, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I reserved a room for my brother and wife who were visiting over Christmas, requesting a king-sized bed. I was told that they didn't have any king-sized beds, and could only get a queen. When they checked in late and tired, they found that the room had only a full-sized bed, clearly smaller than the queen sized bed I had requested and that they sleep in every night. When I called the hotel this morning, I was told that I was wrong and that their computer said their room had a queen sized bed, and that she "was never wrong". When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that she was out briefly, but would call me back shortly. I never received a call back. My brother and his wife had difficulty sleeping on the small bed. The hotel made no effort to check the room to ascertain what was actually in there, and showed no concern for our negative experience. I would advise other travelers to try other hotels in the area that care about guest comfort and concerns. As a note, the room was very small, which is why the hotel may have substituted full sized beds for their advertised queen sized beds to make the room seem larger.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

First of all, I would like to compliment the great staff they have! They were very helpful and made our experience at the Ramada Carlsbad very enjoyable. I have 2 small children and they loved the heated pool; it also helped me to get a little work done while they were kept busy with swimming. Also, their continental breakfast was perfect for a single mother in a hurry and on a budget. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a family that is looking for a nice hotel at an affordable price. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Martha D

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again.