“General”

Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Delray Beach, Florida
“General”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

From the time of booking through checkout this hotel is poorly run. I requested a handicap room and was given wheelchair accessable. Open shower allowed the water to flow all over the bathroom floor. I was forced to pay for a suite, overcharged, and since I went through Expedia, the hotel personnel said they couldn't do anything about the overcharge.
The bedroom, which was very small was dark as the light didn't work. The room was so small that the closet door only opened partially as it ran into the bed. The clothes rack was low for a person in a wheelchair. That I could understand except for the fact that there was a large safe in the closet did not allow even a blouse to hang freely.
When checking my credit card I found two charges that I had not made. It took almost a week to get that straightened out.
All in all it was a bad two days especially for what they charged.

Room Tip: West side is better because the freeway runs on the east side,however handicap rooms are all on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
FERNLEY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We do nt have any complain. Courteous staff. We stay at that location in 1988 when it was Lexington Suites.

San Diego
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were stoked to have Motel 6 prices of $58/night at a Ramada facility! They honored our reservation of studio price and free upgrade to kitchenette when they sold out our original type of reserved room. Great pool and jacuzzi - and needed on-site laundry!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

CHULA VISTA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very disappointed in our stay at the Ramada. We had to get up every 2 hours to empty the water container in order for the air conditioner to continue to run. By the time we got back to sleep it was time to get up again to empty the next round. Needless to say, keeping up with the kids at legoland the next day on little to no sleep was NOT fun!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologies for the inconvenience. We typically never have that issue with the air conditioning and have a program in place to replace the ones with the pan. When it is extremely hot the water pan fills up faster than normal. Again, Thank you for staying with us and I apologies for the inconvenience. Best, Cris

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

RANCHO SANTA FE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there nearly a week. I requested over and over to get a room that was further from the highway. Worst hotel...far worse that Motel 6! Those working there could not have cared less. The refused to help. Worse yet, they lied and said they would change the room in the morning and then in the evening they had done nothing. Not worth the cost savings. Spend a little more and be able to actually sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thanks for the review. I realize that rooms on the freeway side can be noisy. I want to point out that our hotel is the only hotel with double paned windows on the freeway side. I am sorry that we were unable to move you but we have been very busy this summer and sold out most nights.
STOCKTON
Reviewed September 23, 2012

On September 15, 2012, I along with several family members traveled via airplane
to southern California for a wedding. We flew into San Diego Airport, rented a
car and drove up to Carlsbad where we had reservations (made online more than a
month before) at the Ramada by the Sea. We attempted to get an early checkin
but was told it was impossible because they were really busy and rooms were not
ready. This was about 11:00am. They took our phone number and said they would
call us when the rooms (3) were ready. We tried back after getting no call at
about 2:00 pm as our first event had started at 2:00 pm and we wanted to shower.
We knew we were going to be late. We knew checkin was not until 3:00 but we
thought we might be able to get an early checkin.

After no success, we were forced to get ready in our rental cars. Before going
to our event, we went to the hotel and tried again. Only one room was ready.
The other two were not. Again, we were told to keep calling. At 5:00 pm rooms
were still not ready. At 6:00 pm rooms were still not ready. Finally, at about
6:30 pm we were told they were ready. Unfortunately, we were at our event at La
Costa Resort until about 10:30 pm. After a long HOT day, we were looking
forward to a good nights rest.

Upon entering our rooms, they were hot, musky and not very appealing. I've
stayed in many Ramada Hotels and I've never had that impression when I walked
in.

The potable air conditioner in the bedroom was not hooked up. My son had to
hook the coiled hose to the wall. After a few hours, he removed the filthy
filters from both air conditioners. They were so packed with dust; no wonder
the room was musky. I have severe allergies and asthma and I could not get
clean air to breath. When we looked up at window the valances over the beds,
there was so much dust that the true color of the valance was barely visible.
The one over the other window was not as bad but still showed the dust. The
sofa was very soiled and had a very musky smell to it. Was very uncomfortable
sitting on it. I put a clean towel on it to sit. The other two rooms were the
same.

Being very aware of being environmentally friendly, we chose not to have the
sheets changed. I did ask for fresh towels and was told they would have them
right up but that never happened.

The condition of the continental breakfast eating area was somewhat messy. I am
aware of all the people hustling through with small children but there were
flies in the pastry boxes, danish was still frozen, muffins were very dry and
waffle area was very dirty with spills of batter everywhere.

Cleaning staff was not very friendly and if you want a lawsuit filed against
Ramada, just wait for someone to trip over all the hoses that the staff use to
clean. I found myself hopping over them every morning, from the front of my
door to the staircase and all down the walkways. No caution signs anywhere.
The least they could have done is to run the hoses as close to the wall as
possible but these hoses were right smack in the middle of the walkways.

When we went to check out, the manager was right in the front checkin, on the
phone arguing with another customer with a complaint. She should have been
discussing their issue in another area. She got real loud and you could hear
the anger in her voice. When we discussed our issues with her, she said she
would give us a discount of 25% on the rate for the first night. If you ask me,
that was not enough to compensate for not being able to check in on time, rooms
being musky, condition of the air conditioners, dust in the rooms, poor service
for fresh towels, etc.

We checked out Monday, September 17, 2012 and three days after coming home, I am
sick with my asthma. Makes me wonder why!!

I would hope that you do something to correct the condition of that facility and
the lack of staff to insure customers timely checkin and cleanliness. I will
not be recommending your facility to anyone as my family and I were very
disappointed.

I would appreciate a response to this letter. Thank you.

Loretta Raya
2117 Bartram Run Way
Stockton, Ca. 95212
209323-8541
Email: puddles0425@aol.com

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I am sorry for the inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. I will review this situation with the staff and see if there isn't a better way we could have handled this. Sincerely, Cris
LAS VEGAS
Reviewed September 20, 2012

this was the second time we have stayed at this ramada. we came back due to location, value and staff. this time, our friends also stayed at the hotel. while they had a mix up with thier room at first, it got quickly fixed and they were also happy. we like this hotel alot and will be back. the only suggestion is that babies not be allowed in the hot tub or pool wearing diapers.......they make swim pants for babies..maybe have some available in the lobby?? our first night there this was an issue but the peple must of left the next day because we did not see this again. there bwas a lady who stood out to me, i do not know her name. she was there over night thur and fri..the 13 and 14 of sept. she checked us out also on the 15th. her tag said guest service. i had a small problem with using the computer and she was very helpfull. she had a huge smile and was very friendly the many times i popped into the lobby!!!! but, overall, i must say that ALL of the staff were very nice and freindly, the lady who took care of the breakfast, the young man who unlocked the pools the housekeeping staff, the people behind the desk. they all made us feel at home.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thanks for your kind review. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the future. All the best,
Cris