“We give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Chandler, Arizona
“We give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Overall this is a decent hotel for the price. It's just north of San diego and 5 minutes from Legoland. We had 5 people. 2 adults, a 16 yr old and 2 kids 7 and 3. The hotel room was small but it did sleep 5. You walk in to a small living area probably 14 x 8 the sofa sleeper folded out takes up the whole width of room. Small kitchenette you need to ask the front desk for dishes but there was a coffee maker, a fridge and microwave. Room has LCD tv. To the right is the bedroom with 2 double beds. They say queen but these are smaller than queens more like full size. An ac unit and LCD tv in bedroom. Probably about 20 channels on tv.

The bathroom is small the door barely opens without hitting toilet. It was clean with towels shampoo tp and soap.

The beds were very comfy with 4 soft pillows we slept great. Sofa sleeper not that great but not as bad as some my hubby has slept on. Hotel is nicely maintained and clean with a small pool and a good size hot jacuzzi and nice waterfall next to it. Breakfast was good. WAffles, coffee, juice, pastries, cereal, bread, bagles, and yogurt with staff constantly refilling.

Hotel was very quiet we all slept good.

Wifi worked good and was easy. Free parking. Overall with the room sleeping 5 and includes breakfast, parking and wifi hotel is a good value but rooms are a bit small and rooms could use some color and decor walls totally bare besides TVs. Not the fanciest hotel but perfectly adequate. We were going to stay at Hyatt house which was 40$ more per night but for 3 nights we saved 120$ so I think we made a good choice. If you are on a budget and want good value for money this is a good choice and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you very much for the review. I appreciate the time you took to do this very detailed reviewed. Our hotel strives to do the very best we can and I think it showed in your stay. We are one of the few hotels in the area that have rooms that can sleep up to 7. Thanks again, and hope to see you again.

Cris Vasquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Yakima, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights, going to San Diego Zoo, the beach, and LegoLand. We loved our experience here! It was a quiet family friendly place to stay. The rooms were clean with a fold our sofa and a portacrib for our family of 6. There was a kitchenette in the room & the prices were amazing! Great location, very clean updated room, housekeeping did an amazing job of coming in & getting the place cleaned up while we were gone during the day. Everything in the room worked great including the air conditioner & plasma TV's. Good continental breakfast (although the Wyndham rep told me there would be eggs & sausage & he was wrong) We really enjoyed our stay here & would definately stay again!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

very clean rooms and nice location. I had a little problem with the Sofabed that was addressed the following day with the frontdesk and situation was resolve right away.....NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL....!!!

Room Tip: any room is quiet and nice
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you can see from the rooms we have brand new carpet and flat screen tv's as well. We are planning to replace all sofa beds soon. Thanks again for your business. Best,Cris
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

One of the best places I have ever stayed at. Clean, quiet, newly renovated room. It was more like a suite. We were only there for one night, but arrived early on the first day, our plan being to go to legoland, and then to Seaworld the next day. The desk clerk had a room for us right away, and gave us breakfast cards for that morning as well as for the next one. The staff were all cheerful and friendly. We will definetly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. Yes, we just recently installed all new TV's and all new carpet as well. Please book direct with the link on our tripadvisor page and get a great deal under specials.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am originally from this area and was in town for family. Stayed for 8 days. I travel with my elderly dog who has very specific needs. That's how I chose this property (grass, handicap access, pet friendly, under $100). I've stayed at hotels in this row at various times over the decades (very central for family visits since I have family in Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas and Cardiff), but don't impose my dog on people's homes. My room was clean, comfortable, quiet and extremely convenient. You're right off I-5, but without the noise like over on 78 (Oceanside/Vista hotels). Poinsettia is a very convenient cross street and you're minutes from 101 (my preferred route) and the beaches. Our room (123) is right next to a patch of grass, which is perfect for my dog who walks with a limp. There is a lot of grass around the property to walk pets (just had to carry her across parking lot). Basically a full kitchen, which I didn't use since I was alone and I always eat at Tony's Jacal. Kitchen is microwave, 4-burner range with oven, full refrigerator, lots of cupboards, double tub sink. Hey, it's better than my friend's Manhattan apt. kitchen. haha! Bathroom layout is not ideal -- tad cramped -- but I'm traveling alone so it worked for me. Too bad the "business center" computers weren't working when I was there (though I had lap top). The Wi-Fi was intermittently out of commission connection strength was very low even though I was so close to the front desk. The clerk was working on it a lot, but it continued to be an issue.
Yes, this is a dated property for those people who are now accustomed to brand new Ramadas you find in the last 10 years on I-70 or in newly developing cities. Hey, I paid the same rate for a larger, newer room on my way out (in St. George). But yeah, that's (ick) Utah and this is sweet, beautiful Carlsbad. These properties have been there for a while. So, IMHO, I think anyone complaining about quality either had a uniquely bad experience or they are of that certain spoiled type who can't really afford what they think they deserve. Take that into account when reading any of the lower ratings.
ps. When I was in college I stayed at the other properties next door. Now, only the Ramada here.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the inner west side for quiet. I liked 123 because it's on the corner and real...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you! I am a dog lover so to hear how you care for your elder dog is really special. I appreciate that we will be your preferred hotel in Carlsbad. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime you need a room. All the best,
Cris Vasquez
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We chose Ramada Carlsbad because the price was very reasonable, the location was good and we were very happy about the cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel. We enjoyed the contenental breakfast and were very happy with the service at the front desk, the breakfast area and our housekeeper. We would choose to stay again if planning a similar trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicholas I
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you kindly for taking time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. All the best,Cris
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I selected this room based on reviews by others and it paid off. The room was clean. We had a suite, which made it much less cramped. Breakfast was filling and plentiful. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub each night. The location was great for Legoland. The freeway noise was loud outside but we did not hear anything in our room.

Room Tip: We selected a room in the back for less noise. That worked out but the elevators were pretty far awa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shannon M
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you had a great time. We hope to see you again in the future.
Cris