“A Week at Ramada by the Sea Carlsbad”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Middlebury, Vermont
“A Week at Ramada by the Sea Carlsbad”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

After doing a lot of research, I chose the Ramada for a seven-night stay in the San Diego area. It was a GREAT choice! (We attended an area event with others who stayed in several other hotels, and the consensus was that the Ramada was the best choice- for friendliness, cleanliness, bright breakfast area, delicious coffee, nicest pool area, full kitchen, and good rates.)

First of all, the people who work at the hotel were, without exception, extraordinarily helpful and kind (from those working at the front desk to the housekeeping staff and the people working in the breakfast room). That can-do attitude and eagerness to be of service made staying there a pleasure. They happily provided dishes and pots for the kitchen, extra blankets and pillows, towels for the pool, and directions to places we wanted to visit in the area. (We did not have a car and were delighted to discover a small shopping center with a nice grocery store within walking distance as well as the "Coaster" to San Diego and the park on the beach.)

The breakfast room is bright and sunny with a view of a pretty garden, the pool, and hot tub, and it was always well stocked and clean. We had a handicap accessible room, which included a comfortable queen-size bed and a queen-size sofa bed (where I slept better than I had imagined -the extra pillows helped) and a full kitchen (stove, full-size refrigerator, dining area, and sink). There were two separate rooms in the suite, each with its own television and heater/ air conditioner. I was surprised at how thoroughly the housekeeping staff cleaned our room every day.

While the Ramada is not the fanciest, most modern motel, it is exceptionally well cared for and is managed with a human touch that, for me, matters more than the glitz of some more expensive places to stay. I would happily spend another week there and would look forward to picnic lunches by the pool, evening time relaxing in the hot tub, an early morning stroll past bright flowers and trees to the sunny breakfast room, and to greeting the friendly staff again. Thank you to all who made our stay so great!

Room Tip: The highway can be noisy (turning on the fan helps to create "white noise"), but it helps...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunfl0werVT
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate your business. We are having our employee holiday party this week and I will be sharing the kind words you had to say about the hotel and staff. Happy Holidays! Cris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Corona, California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had a great experience during my stay. The staff were friendly. The rooms were clean and had enough space.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the future. As a side note, we have finished the installation of all flat screen TV's throughout the hotel and we are currently installing new carpet throughout. Cris
Menifee, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked a "suite" and arrived to find a tiny, outdated and plain motel-6 style room with a mini-kitchenette crammed into a corner. Their price had been on par with the nearby Hyatt's special rate. But I believed their pretty website and the word "Suite" in the reservation. When I went back down to the front desk as soon as I saw the itty-bitty ugly room, it was very hard to gain the attention of the two teenaged boys running things. They found the whole thing funny. Especially the part where I pointed out that a smallish double bed in a single little room does not equate to a King size deluxe suite.They ended up allowing me to "purchase an upgrade" which I had little choice but to do as it was a bit late to find other arrangements by then. Horrible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Hello, Thank you for your review. It is not our policy to "bait and switch" any of our guests. This is not an effective way to build a loyal customer base. It seems as though you may have booked a studio unit. If so, the desk was following procedures to up sell suites. If you indeed booked a suite to begin with, and then we charged you extra to put you in a suite, I will refund one night of your stay. I do not think this was the case, but if so, please call and I will take care of that for you.
Best, Cris

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Arcadia, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been frequenting Carlsbad Ramada Inn for many years as I was able to find reasonable pricing for many stays so as to conduct business. The suites are clean and comfortable. Management has always been freindly and helpful. When I drive the hotel is less than a half a mile off exist. The site is close to the metro coaster which makes getting there a convience when I decide to take public transportation. Also stores and banking are in walking distance. This hotel is also walking to distance to the beach. I feel this is a wonderful location for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The convience of having two rooms is great and I have stayed on all sides of the hotel and they are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Best,
Cris
Kapaa, Hawaii
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Was very satisfied with our stay at Ramada Carlsbad by the Sea. Checking in and out was a breeze. The breakfast was to the children's liking. Simple, fast and easy so we were in and out and on our way to adventure! We had a 2 bedroom suite for 3 adults and 3 children (6, 7, 11). Very roomy and clean. Our only regret was that it was too cold to make use of the swimming pool (kids remark).

Room Tip: We were situated on the ground floor next to the freeway, but didn't hear much of the noise unle...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
These are very nice compliments coming from someone that lives in beautiful Hawaii! Just to let you know, all rooms have flat screen TV's now and we are in the process of installing new carpet throughout. Thank you very much for your business! Cris
Holiday, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I bid for this hotel on priceline and the four of us include two developmentally disabled adults are due to stay there from 10/9/2011 to checkout 10/11/11. When I called to request 2 beds or sofa bed/plus bed in the room as it is difficult for us to share a queen bed, I was told I would have to pay additional amount of 25 dollars each for upgrade. I understand it is the hotel policy. However, I have bid many times on priceline and all the other hotels were willing to accommodate 2 beds in the room at the same price. Just to let people know!
Here's hoping the rest of the actual stay will be great!!

Room Tip: just be aware that other priceline hotel bids are more flexible with number of bed bed options witho...
Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kims65
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
First of I want to Thank you for your business. One thing I wanted to point out is that Priceline rates are rock bottom rates and are larger rooms have multiple bedrooms and a living room. It is hard for us to make any money at all if we sell the bigger rooms at that price. Please call me next time and I will make sure you get a great deal. Also, We are installing flat screen TV's in all rooms right now and in Nov. we will install new carpet throughout the hotel. All the best, Cris
Gainesville, Missouri
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was able to get a 2 night stay plus a trip to Legoland for a gteat price! I will definitely will be using this service for my next trip. Thank you very much. My man and I had a blast!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We actually sell quite a bit of park tickets and our hotel is very family and pet friendly. Best,
Cris Vasquez