“Wonderful pleasant hotel”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The Ramada Carlsbad is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Its clean, friendly and has a great location near the ocean. Also, the breafast buffet is amazing. I will definitly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I can’t express how much we loved our room. My family and I went to San Diego as an Adventure to celebrate the birthday of my five year old. This Place was more than what I had expected. The location was great since it was close to everything, the Amusment Park and other local stores. The room was very clean. There was no nasty smell in the room when you walked in and the best part was that the window actually opened and we didn’t have to keep the AC on. Beds were very clean and so comfortable even the pull out bed located in the living room. The FREE breakfast was so good, but the one thing that I can’t express enough was the staff, these guys go above and beyond their expectations!!! For this I cannot thank them enough they made our Adventure complete. Thank you Ramada!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

We are so happy to hear that your stay at Ramada Carlsbad was so great! We want every guest to experience what you did and work very hard to achieve that. We are glad that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities. I would like to thank you for noticing that we have a great staff. Please contact me directly at 760.438.2285 whenever you are ready to embark on your next adventure. Thank you! Jose Uribe, Ramada Carlsbad.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

This was the worst five day hotel experience I’ve ever had!! The best part of this hotel was the spa and pool aside from the fact that they never had pool towels... The front desk staff was very rude I had to wait several minutes for anyone to even acknowledge me, even though there was no one else in the lobby...and when they did finally get around to checking me in it was as though I putting them out...horrible customer service. We had a family of 4 and every day we had to ask for bathroom towels, we would call the front desk (no one ever answered the phone) so we would have to go to the front desk to ask for towels....Which in turn we would told they would bring some to our room in 10-20 minutes…The breakfast was interesting, every morning I would get HOUNDED three or four times for my "tickets" which I had already gave to the lady the moment I walked in the door. They really need to have better system like how about no tickets at all, do they really think that non guest are going to “crash” their breakfast for cold cereal, pastries, and microware potatoes??? Everyone was crammed into one little room, with 3 attendants hounding you for your tickets and telling you there was a 10 minute wait for what turned out to be a little plate of microwave potatoes. I could have had a better breakfast at McDonald's....guess you get what you pay for. Yes this hotel is close to the beach, Legoland and great restaurants, I wasn't expecting it to be like the Hyatt or Marriott, but I still do expect to have some sort of customer service. That should never be compromised regardless of the star rating. Don't stay here, you'll regret it!

2  Thank Mom2Ally

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We like the fact that our location and its surrounding attractions were to your liking such as Legoland. I apologize for the areas in which we fell short of your expectations and we will examine them in order to improve with future guests. If you are ever back in Carlsbad, please feel free to contact me directly at 760.438.2285. We look forward to getting another shot at showing you that we work hard to give every guest a great experience. Thank you. Jose Uribe, Ramada Carlsbad.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Room was ok, not very well thought out, very old. Ours was clean enough. We were told to wait 10 minutes for pool towels, never showed, we used the room towels. Every morning it was wait 10 minutes for the buffet breakfast. The breakfast was interesting, guess I paid extra for it. Everyone was crammed into one little room, with 3 attendants to tell you there was a 10 minute wait for what turned out to be a little plate of potato's.
Internet didn't work or was soo slow to be unusable. Set your out of office before going.
Now this hotel is close to the beach, Legoland, great restrauants and lot's of other stuff. Cheap as hotels go for in the area.

You get what you pay for.

1  Thank aztech01
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

First, let me say thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet all your expectations. We will take this information and use it to improve our service. We want to ensure that every guest has a great experience each and every time. We are happy to know that our location was close to all the attractions that you wanted to attend. We hope to get another chance in the near future to be of service. Please feel free to contact me directly at 760.438.2285. Jose Uribe, Thank you.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

The hotel staff was great. Cleanliness average. Outside entrances. The local area was nice. One staff person on phone told me you could see the ocean from there, but you could not. I was a bit disappointed at that. The breakfast buffet was disappointing to me. The two prepared hot foods (potatoes and sausage) must come in precooked and they put them in microwave or warmer. I had them two days and it was the worst buffet. They had make your waffle or cereal, but I eat gluten free so fruit was my only choice. We had a refrig in room with microwave. Housekeeper was very nice. Had a nice pool and hot tub, but too cold to swim when we were there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nursedonna58
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your Ramada Carlsbad stay. We are sorry to hear that some of our amenities did not meet your standards. Be assured that we will use this valuable information to improve and exceed future guests expectations. We are extremely happy that our staff was able to provide you with great service. We hope to get another shot at imrpoving on this last stay in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 760.438.2285. Thanks Jose Uribe

Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel was a great price and place for our large family of 7. We have young ones and teenagers and they all enjoyed the pool and spa and teenagers loved that they got to have their own room and privacy and the free WiFi. We got the 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette which was perfect for our eat in dinners. The complimentary breakfast was good for it being free but it would've been nice if they changed up the menu a bit. I would definitely recommend this place for families and will be coming back here again for our spring break. Thank you to the very nice housekeeping staff and front desk.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank celiayrigo
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to utilize one of our family suites. All of our amenities such as the free hot breakfast, heated pool/jacuzzi and free wifi are available to every guest to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. A home away from home. We hope to hear from you soon to set up your next stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at 760.438.2285. Jose Uribe

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here Wed-Sun with three adults and two small children in a 2 room suite with a full kitchen. The hotel is very close to the beach and 1.5 miles from Legoland which was the reason for our stay. We had a wonderful time, the room had a full kitchen which was a surprise to us but awesome since we could cook for the children instead of having to rely on take-out. Anything we needed the hotel staff was quick to respond. The breakfast was okay -- it would have been nice to have cream cheese for the bagels but they had hot sausage and potatos and they had make your own waffles which the kids loved. The hotel is very close to the freeway so if you room is on the wrong side of the hotel it would be noisey. Our room was not by the freeway and we could hear the freeway from our bed but we were so exhausted at night and used the fans in the rooms that it didn't bother us at all.

The rooms were very clean and they used products from the San Francisco Soap Company which was very nice. The sheets and towels were very clean and the floor was also very clean which was extremely important to us because the babies run around barefoot.

This hotel also has a nice pool and hot tub. It also has a small workout room but it has everything you need to get a good workout.

This hotel also has a wash room which was very handy after a day at the beach. Only draw back was that two of the four machines were broken.

All in all this was an excellent place to stay for families on a budget. We enjoyed our stay and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful which is rare these days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank AngelDarling
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how happy you were with your stay here at Ramada Carlsbad. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities that we offer such asthe full kitchen in your room, the hot breakfast, heated pool and jacuzzi. Being close to Legoland, we understand that having a friendly and professional staff is a must because families come to have fun at the park as well as the hotel. We are pleased to hear that we did not dissapoint you and hope to see you again soon. Please contact me directly at 760.438.2285 when you plan to visit us again. Thanks, Jose Uribe.