Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$194
Agoda.com
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$479
Official Site
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$163
$150
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$269
Travelocity
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$459
Official Website
1,174 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree dinnerbeer and winemon thursbreakfast and dinnerping pong tablefull size fridgeliving areadaily breakfastpalomar airporthot breakfastseparate bedroomgreat place to staysofa bedhome away from homecomplimentary shuttlegreat for families
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Usually the standard of excellent is questionable at times when relying/receiving hotel reservations during a business trip. I expected a fair room with just the basic. My first impression upon arrival was “someone really takes a lot of pride and professionalism in this place” and it kept getting better. I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels over the last 22 years from France, Germany, and across the US and I have to say, “I’ve never been more impress with the cleanliness, professionalism, hospitality, and outstanding service that every employs demonstrated everyday. The best breakfast and dinner meals I have every received, great job please keep it up. Many thanks to Stephanie Downs Assistant Manager and Iris Molina Exec Housekeeper for ensuring my coworkers and I had the best environment possible to accomplish our mission at hand.
Thanks
Dallas

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Just wanted to write you a thank you note for our recent stay at your property, my family and I had a great stay; your staff was very polite and professional, wanted to point out the gentlemen that worked in engineering that night of April 17, 2010 I apologized for not remembering his name; but he was very professional, he ask how was our room and our stay was, and told us that he was working until 11pm in case we needed anything, very customer service oriented. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was great and convenient along with the location near Legoland. Once again thank you.

Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed here the first time in Oct '09 and liked it so much that we went back again in April '10. The location is just a couple miles from the 5 freeway and restaurants, but right across from the Carlsbad airport (it's a small airport, I'd call it an airstrip). It's located next to the Hampton Inn, but I had to choose and went with the Homewood since we had a kid and needed a kitchen in the suite, the pool, breakfast (go early). You can stop at the Costco on your way in if you want to cook in your room.. We bought a pre-made meatloaf one night and it was inexpensive.. You will see the Carlbad flower fields, Legoland, the outlets and costco before you hit this place.. It's worth it!

I like the fact that you have a seperate living room area from the bedroom just in case someone wants to take a nap. We got a king size suite for the 3 of us and I thought that was just enough room for us. Anymore people and it would of been too small. The room did not have a DVD player, but it had free wifi. It had a full kitchen. The table sat 3 people. The shower seemed to be on massage high power mode and was placed to high for me to change, but my husband loved it?? This time we had the 3rd floor and it was quiet (we had the first floor last time and it was loud due to the pool). The pool was busy everyday and so was the jacuzzi. Breakfasts was BUSY, so go early. We did decide to go out for breakfast one day and chose the Broken Yoke and that place was busy but was worth it. Service was very good and we didn't wait at all for a table.

I recommend Homewood Suites if you have kids and like a seperate living space from the bedroom. It's not for honeymooners. It's clean, kid friendly and decorated nicely. There really isn't anything bad to say about this place. My boys liked it and thats what matters. To be honest, my husband liked the free breakfasts..Overall, we'd go again..

Reviewed April 20, 2010

My husband reserved adjoining rooms, but upon arrival we were told there were no adjoining rooms available. Therefore, my husband had to sleep in one room with a child and I had to sleep in another room with the other children. I also had a shower that only worked on high massage mode which was painful. In the morning the manager apologized and moved us to a two bedroom suite.
My next complaint is that half the food ran out during their managers cocktail hour which was 5-7 and there weren't a lot of people there.
Finally, they ran out of towels during the day at the pool. I asked the manager once and another man asked the manager twice and after an hour still no towels. People were running to their room dripping wet. We ended up going back to our room before the towels arrived too. I also want to mention that the ping pong table was falling apart and the paddles look ed like a dog had been chewing on them for a long time.

1  Thank mrzpp
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I had this hotel recommended by a colleague, and booked it for a 2 night stay before we planned on staying in downtown San Diego. We arrived just in time for the managers reception, which was perfect for my 2 children- no waiting for food at a restaurant, good variety etc... We were booked into the 2 queen bedroom suite, and loved the option of putting the kids to bed while still being able to watch tv etc.. The pool was a little too cold, but the hot tub was great, and so was the breakfast in the morning.

We liked it so much, I tried to extend our reservation, but they were all full. When we arrived at our new hotel, I was totally spoiled by our stay here and called back one last time- they had a cancellation, and while we had to switch to a king suite, which was less ideal, our stay was still far better than it would have been at the other hotel.

Our new room was right next to the pool and the conference rooms. We were amazed at how quiet it was considering it was spring break.

If we head to California again, I will definitely book this hotel for the entire duration of our trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family