“Highly recommended!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
“Highly recommended!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I have the best experienced ever. The staff made me feel that I am in my own home. I can tell all staff loves their job from top to bottom. This is the first hotel that made me feel its not all about the money that their customers paid its about the high quality of services they can provide to their customers.

Great location quite and relaxing environment close to the airport, stores and restaurant. But you dont really have to go any where the hotel provide free breakfast, dinner and the best of all free all u can drink beer and wine.

The staff are very friendly and the best customer service.

Everthing inside the room looks brand new. The gym is awesome and the swimming pool and jacuzzi are the best.

If your looking for the best experince to enjoy California and payless this where you need to go.

Sam

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Tazsam
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Tazsam,

Thank you for your kind review! It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of the amenities we offer at the hotel from the gym to the meals!! I am glad the staff was pleasant and accommodating during your stay. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Drew Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Northridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Coming from the San Diego area myself, going to the Homewood suites felt like a complete get-away from reality. From the rooms to the friendly service, the experience was just amazing. The biggest parts were the breakfast and location. Your surrounded by the beach, park attractions, and even shopping locations for the mother's and daughter's.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Aaron A,

It sounds like you enjoyed your "staycation" at the Homewood Suites! You hit on everything we strive to do well. Your post was short and concise so I will keep my reply the same. Thank you again. We hope to have you back soon!!

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

This place was recommended by a friend and figured it would be an alright "pit stop" during a family getaway. Our experience turned out amazing. The staff is really friendly, not overbearing, more like a family welcoming in another family. I was literally stunned by the size and overall flow of our room. It didn't feel like just another hotel room. Again, a homey feeling with a fully stocked kitchen. Though it's right off a main street (easy access so I'm not complaining), the walls are thick and I didn't hear a thing. The restaurant is more like the heart of the home; over there you have the family with the noisy kids and the hilarious uncle-like doctor chatting it up (true story). It's just a great communal space that seems to spur people from all over the world to converse. I loved it. We'll be coming back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
JayMarieS,

What a great review to read as a hotel manager! Thank you for taking the time to share. It is a pleasure to read about the success of the family atmosphere we try to create here and that the staff was just the right amount of friendly. Next time, we hope you have time to make us more than just a "pit stop"!! Thank you again for staying.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Talk about Nordstrom service, Homewood Suites staff in Carlsbad surpassed it. What else does one need but a comfortable room and every amenity you could want including a free breakfast buffet every day...eggs, potatoes, waffles with strawberries....real hearty fare, AND a dinner buffet that includes beer and wine Monday through Thursday. I ended up here after selling my house so quick that I was unable to find another. I had enough Hilton Honors points for a week, but ended up extending my stay to a month. From management to maintenance, the service was superb. I felt like Paris Hilton (and I'm as hard to please as I imagine she is). Thanks,everyone (I know you read these comments). Wish I could take up permanent residence there.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location...3rd floor, south side. There are lots of kids, due to Legoland, and they...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Lorinda P,

We do read our reviews and we love getting ones such as yours. Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel and the staff. We hope you were able to find a new house and have settled in nicely. Hopefully, when you have family in town, you can send them our way!! Thank you again for staying and for the glowing review!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

From the moment you walk in the place is clean and organized. The front desk staff is also friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating (hard to find these days). Having the hotel near the McClellan-Palomar airport terminal also makes this location very convenient. If you're looking a pleasant stay without hassles, choose Homewood Suites! You will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tino D,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad our efforts to maintain and upkeep our hotel do not go unnoticed. I am happy also to hear that all of your encounters with the desk staff were pleasant and that they were accommodating. Thank you again for staying and taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to see you again soon!!

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I came across this hotel thru a friend summer 2011. Was so impressed with everything.
The location is so ideal and the price is amazing!

I usually spend my R&R there when I just wanna get away.
I got so impressed that I got my class to chose it as a venue for our 20th HS reunion on July 20-22,2012.

You should check this amazing hotel! Worth every penny! :)

Kudos to Ian Wilson, Brian Lagoner and the rest of the Homewood Suites Carlsbad staff.
You guys are awesome! Everyone is so nice and very accommodating.

More power and see u soon again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is an acceptable place to stay for your trip to Carlsbad & Legoland if you have kids. The room has a living room separated from the bedroom by a door allowing you to put the kids on a sofa in the living room and have their own TV while the parents have the privacy of their own bedroom-much welcomed after a long day in the amusement parks. I would note on behalf of my 11-year-old son that he complained about the "rough" sofabed - and upon inspection he was correct, the padding was thin and you could feel the springs.

Full-sized refrigerator in room is a plus as well, this allowed us to bring back leftovers and store them for the next day. The free breakfast allows you to save money to start your day but had no hot meat items. The self-made waffles were my favorite.

Area around hotel was quiet and nice in appearance but no food places were within the immediate area. However, something outside where I parked our car created a horrible order (I couldn't guess if it was the nearby trash can or something else).

All staff I came into contact with were friendly. We use a lot of towels during our hotel stays and the staff never grumbled when we requested them and brought them up quick. Hotel room was clean but I noticed the floor was not swept one day of our stay.

Hotel pool area looked well-kept: My kids begged to get in but it was too chilly.

If we return to Legoland we'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family