“Noah built the ark to sail here.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Marcos, California
“Noah built the ark to sail here.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Living in beautiful southern California is a both a blessing and a curse. Here I enjoy birds chirping, an ocean breeze that gently sways the palm trees, and cool mid 70's weather on a daily basis.The curse? In laws. Everybody knows that fish stink after three days, right? So I send them down the street a few miles to the Home Wood Suites. After the 2nd year of them routinely visiting, they don't even bother staying at my house. Here is an excerpt from my uncle; "I first fell in love with this hotel right after my commute from the east coast came to a close. The beds are softer than a babies bum, and the HD television complemented it nicely. Every breakfast and dinner, you can consume as much food as your hearts content, with a different selection each night. And did I mention the beer and wine? Merlot's, chard's, cab's, and sauvs. They have four beers on tap that differ with the coming nights, including my favorite; Stone Pale Ale. Top this off with exceptional service, a nice pool to lay out and soak up the sun, and spacious rooms. I don't even need to leave. Great spot, good job guys."

Room Tip: 3rd floor, pool view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations from arrival to departure. With the fully equipped kitchens, to the super inviting dining area, this hotel has the magic to make you feel like you’re on vacation at home. Hotel associates were very knowledgeable and welcoming..awesome staff! Not only is it minutes from the beach, but there’s tons of stuff to do around the area. After the complimentary breakfast they offered, I sat out by the pool for a bit before I had to leave- I ended up having to request a late check out & was pleasantly surprised they were able to make accommodations with such short notice.. Great example of superior hospitality. This review really doesn’t do it justices for the great atmosphere and impressive service I recieved; I will definitely be returning :D

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this great hotel with my brother when I came to Carlsbad to visit my family. I was very satisfied with the comfort and hospitality provided by the hotel. The room I had stayed in had a similar homelike feeling with two bedrooms and a kitchen. If I wasn't cooking a meal, I would be downstairs eating and having a drink while watching sports on TV. The dining area downstairs was a very nice place to relax. The hospitality by the employees of the hotel was that of how every 5 star hotel should be, excellent. Thanks to Ian and Bryson, the two gentlemen who made sure my experience was nothing less than excellent, I will definitely recommend this hotel to other friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Patrick A,

What a wonderful review…thank you! We are always glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. It makes all our hard work worthwhile! We also appreciate it when folks take time out of busy schedules to write a review and post it. Thank you for this, too. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Henderson, NV
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I travel 90% of the time and my stay was wonderful. I felt like family. The staff is thoughtful, kind, professional. I cannot say enough good things about the staff that also includes management. If you ever have a chance to stay there, please do.You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Stamford
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stay here at least once a month for business trips and every time I wonder why I ever go home. The rooms are always extremely clean, and the staff is always smiling and always so friendly. And something about these beds...I sleep like a bear! At the end of the day Ian, Bran and Jessica help me unwind at their free happy hour. They take the time to converse make sure you're comfortable, never letting my glass or plate go empty. Like I said, I wonder why I ever go home... Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike S,

Thank you so much for your positive review of your stays here with us at our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write and post as it is always wonderful to hear from our guests. We take good customer service to heart, so it is great to hear that we have been successful! We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you continued safe travels!

Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had yet another incedible experience at this hotel. We have come to rely on the consistent quality of service and hospitality from Homewood Suites along the Pacific Coast since 2007. Whenever we travel, Homewood Suites locations are always our first choice in hotel accommodations. The facilities were clean and the staff members are exceptional...warm, caring, friendly, and customer-oriented.
Finding team members who fully understand the value of, and practice, exceptional guest service skills seems to an increasingly difficult task. However, the staff at the Homewood Suites embody the qualities and characteristics every employee in the hospitality industry should exemplify. We are so grateful for the staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 24, 2012

If you are in need of a place to celebrate or just want to experience hospitality and pampering at its finest - head to Homewood Suites Carlsbad.

We spent 3 nights and it felt like we had been on vacation for a week we left so tickled and relaxed.

Ian Wilson, the sales manager, went out of his way to help us make reservations and appointments in advance so that when we arrived it was all done and we relaxed and enjoyed every moment.

And, since we get to enjoy San Diego every day - there was no reason to leave to go "conquer the city" - we were able to completely stay on site and really let go and be warmly taken care of.

To sum it all up - for the price you get much more than a great value. This is a resort experience like nothing else we've enjoyed in Southern California. We look forward to visiting again many times in the years to come - whether for a great meal or hopefully to stay again in that amazing room!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Mark a,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We love hearing from our guests and are always thrilled to hear that they enjoyed their stay and the reasons why. It helps us learn what we are doing right as we always want our visitors to experience top notch care and enjoyment while they are with us. It certainly sounds like you did! We will share your review with Ian. We hope you will return again soon for some more relaxation with us. Wishing you safe travels and thanks again!

General Manger