WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Carlsbad B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California
“Relaxing Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I agree with the rest of the reviews, this is a great B&B. The room was very simple, no frills, but all was clean and well maintained. When we arrived my wife and I were greeted by a very well mannered young lady who immediately showed us to our room. Nancy was fantastic. Warm, kind, sharing and informative. It's so refreshing to meet someone so nice. Her care was genuine, and that is so very rare. Thank you Nancy. The breakfast were fantastic, well prepared, great tasting and Nancy made sure your cup (coffee or tea) was never empty. The village and beach are all within walking distance. My only complaint was not bringing my own pillow. Both pillows in our room were not in the best of shape. My wife was fine but I wasn't. That being said, a big THANK YOU to the Pelican Cove Inn, cant wait to get back.

1 Thank Calomar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chula Vista, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful staycation for 2 nights. We stayed in the La Jolla room which was beautiful and spacious. I especially enjoyed the little alcove where I could relax and read. Each room has its own entrance and bathroom which is a plus. Even though there were kids staying there, you would never of known it. It was pretty quiet. Nancy the hostess is an absolute gem and the breakfasts were scrumptious. The B&B is close to pretty much anything in Carlsbad including the beach. I highly recommend this place for anyone including families with kids. It was the perfect getaway for rest and relaxation.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting San Diego for 3 days and 4 nights. We originally planned on staying for 1 day less, but after arriving at Pelican Cove, we agreed to stay an extra day - partly because the inn is so pleasant. It is on a quiet dead-end street about a 4-minute stroll from the beach. Even though the rooms were all full, I never heard any noise from the other guests. Every day, we had breakfast at the inn. Each breakfast was created fresh and was absolutely delicious. I am a vegetarian and each breakfast was made to my specifications. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was nice and comfortable. Every morning, someone came to the room and asked if we needed anything. It's easy to get onto the freeway and be in San Diego in less than a half-hour. The botanical gardens are even closer and worth the trip. Unlike a previous bed and breakfast that we stayed in, there is plenty of parking on the property. Pelican Cove is indeed a very special bed and breakfast!

1 Thank Steven N
BALTIMORE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were warmly greeted by Nancy as we arrived at the Pelican Cove Inn, and offered a delicious chocolate chip cookie. Nancy was a great source of information about the area, and her suggestions for dinner were spot on! We were able to walk into town and to the beach.
The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. We stayed at another B&B during our trip and had to share a bathroom, so it was nice to have our own. The feather bed was comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. I'd strongly recommend Pelican Cove Inn!

Amissville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

stayed at the Pelican Cove inn for 5 nights starting July 25, 2012.. it was wonderful... from the comfortable room to the fantastic breakfasts, it was a joy. The decks, backyard gazebo and the great location made this a most pleasant vacation spot. can't say enough about Nancy and her charming inn... we were able to walk everywhere.. beach, shopping, dining.. Nancy was alway available to answer our questions and to offer suggestions on things to do... loved the dogs, Lucy and Ricky.. especially loved the baked goods every afternoon... can't wait to return to the area and our choice of lodging will be the Pelican Cove Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda H
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My sister and I were road tripping from WA thru CA/AZ and back. My daughter flew into Long Beach where we picked her up and we had my sisters granddaughter - age 7. The Pelican Cove Inn was more than we anticipated. We awoke to a cheerful mom - Nancy, who owns the Inn - and had the yummiest and decetant breakfasts that lastest most of the day. We had adjoinging rooms and felt like we were in a warm castle. I have traveled the world and if I found Nancy and her Pelican Cove Inn everyplace I would be the happiest traveler on the planet.

Room Tip: there is a lovely light house room - more of a studio - in the front. Every room is delightful and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a wonderful and relaxing time we enjoyed at this incredible bed and breakfast! The rooms are clean and wonderfully decorated. Very quiet and tucked away. Each room has a door to the outside with a wrap around veranda. Love the fact we were just two short blocks from the beach. And what a lovely beach it is! Breakfasts were fun to look forward too, each was yummy and very filling! And if that's not enough there are resident dogs who are part of the family. Lucy and Ricky! Home away from home I say! Nancy was always letting us know the events happening around Carlsbad. She told us about a train that went to San Diego. Took just 1 hour to get there. More fun in San Diego!!! Love the location and the friendly atmosphere! Thanks so much for a wonderful time...

Room Tip: only can comment on the rooms above the breakfast area where we stayed. but they all looked great...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family