“Happy Again”
Review of Bistro West - CLOSED

Bistro West
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cannon and I-5
Description: At Bistro West, we are dedicated to providing you with an exceptional experience of farm-fresh food served in a casual and lively atmosphere, minutes away from the coast in Carlsbad, CA. Bistro West's seasonally-evolving menu reflects the creativity of chefs who plant, harvest and create from their own farm, The West Farm. Our menu features a selection of local favorites such as beef stroganoff, rotisserie chicken, and chicken pot pie, as well as farm-inspired seasonal compositions in addition to our housemade pizzas, pastas, and burgers. Also join us for our Happy Hour specials in the Lounge offered daily from 4pm-6pm, and half-price on bottles of wine from our by-the-glass list every Monday. The West Room at Bistro West is a unique setting for private dining, a spacious venue that can accommodate up to 50 guests for meetings and celebrations and up to 60 for cocktail style receptions.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is the fourth time I have eaten at Bistro West and it has been a few years. I tried them long ago and really loved it, then had two poor experiences until now. With their farm-to-table approach I was excited to try this place again. Parking is always a challenge for dinner here as the restaurant lies on the grounds of the hotel. We were greeted when we arrived for an early dinner on a Friday night and immediately seated. Our waitress brought us cocktails while we decided on our food order. My husband and I both ordered a simple bistro salad that was full of delicious baby microgreens, a single moist dried tomato, candied walnuts and a soft cheese. We both ordered pasta dishes which came on huge plates with reasonably, not super-sized portions. and very al dente pasta. If you like your pasta cooked longer, I'd suggest stating that when you place your order. I had the pasta palmodoro which was very tasty and my husband had a seafood tortellini. We both enjoyed our meals very much and will return again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is part of hotel complex, which usually means that the restaurant/s are terrible. This restaurant and it's sister restaurant are the exception to the rule--it is awesome! The food is consistently great and has a wide variety of food available, truly something for everyone --and it is all very good. A gem!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The food tasted as though it had been reheated from frozen. we ordered salads (seemed to come from a bag), pizza and steak. The server took our order and we never saw him again. Good dinner rolls though. :)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent our anniversary evening at the Bistro West and once again left feeling we had a great dining experience. My Filet Mignon was one of the best cuts of meat I've had, literally able to cut it with a knife. The Halibut plate was a nice, fresh filet on an assortment of shelled seafood. We took a favorite wine ($15 corkage fee) although they have a large wine list at very favorable prices. Atmosphere in the restaurant is stylish with a low sound level despite the number of seated diners. BTW, the bar area has an excellent appetizer menu should you arrive early.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had a lovely dinner of appetizers. They were more than filling and very fresh. The waitstaff was friendly and very helpful. Glad we went there for our late dinner.