“Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro West

Bistro West
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 335 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cannon and I-5
Description: At Bistro West, we are dedicated to providing you with an exceptional experience of farm-fresh food served in a casual and lively atmosphere, minutes away from the coast in Carlsbad, CA. Bistro West's seasonally-evolving menu reflects the creativity of chefs who plant, harvest and create from their own farm, The West Farm. Our menu features a selection of local favorites such as beef stroganoff, rotisserie chicken, and chicken pot pie, as well as Executive Chef John Miller's farm-inspired seasonal compositions in addition to our housemade pizzas, pastas, and burgers. Also join us for our Happy Hour specials in the Lounge offered daily from 4pm-6pm, half-price on bottles of wine from our by-the-glass list every Monday, and Sunday Brunch served from 11am-2pm. The West Room at Bistro West is a unique setting for private dining, a spacious venue that can accommodate up to 50 guests for meetings and celebrations and up to 60 for cocktail style receptions.
Liverpool
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great salads and steaks, ate here with work a couple of times, never disappointed!
Cocktails were lovely. The bar snacks close at 10pm so get there before that if you have just arrived. You can purchase wine in here and take it through to the hotel if it closes.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
California
“Great lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is usually expensive but if you go for lunch, it's pretty good price. The atmosphere is favorable, the service is very good and they take reservations. Lunch specials include soup or salad and drink.

Los Angeles
“Delicious Food, Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Four of us went here on 1/29/13. I have been here before and what I like about West is that they have a very diverse menu. I had to eat softer food as I was recovering from dental surgery and had plenty to choose from. I had the soup of the day (potato leek) and the mushroom ravioli with scallops. Very tasty! My friends got the sea bass, the jambalaya and the short rib. Everyone enjoyed their dishes. We were too full to partake in dessert.

Service was attentive without hovering. We sat and talked for a while after we had finished our dinner and never felt rushed. I will be back.

Oceanside, California
“WE WILL RETURN SOON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I took a good friend here for lunch. We split the Bistro West Burger and he had the Blue Cheese Burger. Their menu states that the burgers are made from a Kobe beef blend. To us, there is no doubt that their burgers are superior to anything near or far. I am not easy to impress when it comes to burgers.

Another item we enjoy very much is the Filet Mignon Beef Stroganoff. And they make most of their own pasta including the fettuccine for this dish and you can tell the difference.

There is so much on the menu we are looking forward to trying. We will be returning soon

San Diego, California
“I Love This Place ! Kid Friendly and Food is Delish !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I found out about this place via Opentable and this is where we go after a day at Legoland or the Carlsbad Outlets. The ambiance is nice, the food is delicious and they have a pretty good wine list. The first few times I couldnt stray away from the chicken pot pie but two nights ago I finally strayed and got the pork and gnocchi. I have to say it was delectable ! My gut feeling is that everything here is good. Kids meals are HUGE so if you want to save some money, order only one pizza or one spaghetti and meatballs to split amongst your kids if they are 10 or under.