“Clean, Well Priced, Convenient”

Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Arlington, Virginia
“Clean, Well Priced, Convenient”
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I've always liked Hampton Inns for their consistent quality. I was a little disappointed in this one due to the thinness of the walls. I could easily hear the TV in the next room or a baby crying late at night several rooms down. I know this is southern California and insulation is not needed for weather purposes, however, I think somebody was asleep at the switch when the plans for this one were approved.

• Liked — Plenty of Room
  • Disliked — No insulation between walls
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed November 30, 2008

we stayed here on our way from san diego to los angeles. our impression that hampton inns are great places to stay was again confirmed: very very friendly staff, modern, clean, nice rooms, the greatest beds, above average hot breakfast.

the location of this hotel is not the most attractive with not much apart from a highway around it but a big outlet mall with many interesting shops is close by as are the amazing beaches of orange county.

• Liked — the staff and the bed
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jolianna
Nor Cal
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Great choice for a short stay. New, modern and very clean. Very quiet rooms. Breakfast buffet was good, hot food items left a little to be desired. Short drive to Legoland.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this brand new Hampton Inn while attending a conference in San Marcos. I found the staff to be most accommodating. My friends and I noted that it seemed like we were returning each day to the home of a best friend. Our rooms were spotless and the breakfast hostess always so pleasant and nice. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn hotels, but this one offered superb customer service. The management should be congratulated on a well trained staff. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Liked — Easy access to the beach and Carlsbad. Good location for our attendees to meet from both San Diego and LA. Nice convenient mid point for us all.
  • Disliked — No room service or on-site restaurant, but they had lots of restaurants that delivered to the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Oh my, what a great place! Clean and quiet, the beds and pillows were so nice too. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast in the morning had a great variety, hot eggs and meat, fruit, bagels, cereal.. even my picky 5 year old eater was full when we left for the day. The only thing that was off was the bathroom and closet doors didn't play well with each other. :) We've told everyone to stay there when they go into the San Diego area. Thanks for a perfect, perfect stay. We'll be back.

Deanna
Mesa, AZ

• Liked — The information about the Hotel was true and beyond
  • Disliked — The way the closet and bathroom doors opened, couldn't open the bathroom and closet door at the same time
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Orange,California
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My daughter and I just returned from a one night stay at the Hampton Inn. My daughter loved it! Located across the street from the Palomar Aiport and a couple miles from Legoland, the Inn was very nice. As we entered the hotel lobby, the hotel desk clerk greeted us and was friendly and polite. Our room was very clean and spacious for having two queen beds in it. All the amenties a from internet access to a coffee pot were available. The hotel also offers complimentary razors, shower caps, toothbrush and toothpaste upon request. The breakfast selection was great. There was cereal, oatmeal, all sorts of breads, juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate. and fruit. The only negative about the hotel is there is no restaurant on the property so we had to drive a couple miles for dinner. Overall, we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad in mid-August with my wife and two young daughters after a day at Legoland. I found a coupon at maps.google.com/coupons that they honored when I called the reservation number and I must say that at that price, the value was outstanding. Even at the regular rates, it’s still worth the money.

LOCATION – If you need a place to stay before or after a trip to Legoland, this is a great location. It’s fairly far down Palomar Airport Rd. near the small Carlsbad airport, but I don’t think we heard a single plane takeoff or land that evening. It’s not near any restaurants so you’ll need to drive at least a mile to find food or any other type of business (save for the WaMu bank right next to it).

PROPERTY CONDITION – This is not a motel or an inn; This is a hotel. Exceptional quality inside and out, from the parking lot to the lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.

ROOM – Excellent room with designer bathroom. Room had a business desk, flat screen TV and even a game console connected to the TV. I guess the property is brand new as everything in the room sure looked it.

BREAKFAST – The hot breakfast and the dining area was outstanding. There were two types of scrambled eggs offered: plain or with cheese/ham and the chef came out periodically to stir the eggs and add more if needed. Hot biscuits and were also offered. A large selection of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit salad was available as was the standard continental breakfast fare of muffins, bagels and toast. Several coffees were offered. The dining area was large to accommodate several families and business travelers. Still, the hotel was fully booked when we were there so getting down to breakfast before 8am to get a table was smart.

SERVICE – Since we got in late and checked out the following morning, I don’t have much to say about the service other than the front desk personnel were friendly and helpful when I asked where I could find dinner. The room was pristine upon arrival so the maid service knows how to prep a room for new guests.

CONCLUSION – Very impressed with this hotel. I’d stay there again with the family for a longer stay, even with an itinerary full of Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Gaslamp and other San Diego destinations that are out of the way from Carlsbad. The breakfast takes an already great property to an even higher level. I’d give this place the full 5 stars except it is a bit isolated on Palomar Airport Road and with no evening restaurant onsite, it’s location knocks it down to 4 stars. I’m very picky about location-related conveniences so I can easily see why others don’t hesitate to rate this place 5 stars.

• Liked — Superior quality, hot breakfast
  • Disliked — Location a bit isolated from restaurants
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family