“Great Value”

Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Great choice for a short stay. New, modern and very clean. Very quiet rooms. Breakfast buffet was good, hot food items left a little to be desired. Short drive to Legoland.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Reviewed October 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this brand new Hampton Inn while attending a conference in San Marcos. I found the staff to be most accommodating. My friends and I noted that it seemed like we were returning each day to the home of a best friend. Our rooms were spotless and the breakfast hostess always so pleasant and nice. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn hotels, but this one offered superb customer service. The management should be congratulated on a well trained staff. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Oh my, what a great place! Clean and quiet, the beds and pillows were so nice too. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast in the morning had a great variety, hot eggs and meat, fruit, bagels, cereal.. even my picky 5 year old eater was full when we left for the day. The only thing that was off was the bathroom and closet doors didn't play well with each other. :) We've told everyone to stay there when they go into the San Diego area. Thanks for a perfect, perfect stay. We'll be back.

Deanna
Mesa, AZ

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My daughter and I just returned from a one night stay at the Hampton Inn. My daughter loved it! Located across the street from the Palomar Aiport and a couple miles from Legoland, the Inn was very nice. As we entered the hotel lobby, the hotel desk clerk greeted us and was friendly and polite. Our room was very clean and spacious for having two queen beds in it. All the amenties a from internet access to a coffee pot were available. The hotel also offers complimentary razors, shower caps, toothbrush and toothpaste upon request. The breakfast selection was great. There was cereal, oatmeal, all sorts of breads, juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate. and fruit. The only negative about the hotel is there is no restaurant on the property so we had to drive a couple miles for dinner. Overall, we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad in mid-August with my wife and two young daughters after a day at Legoland. I found a coupon at maps.google.com/coupons that they honored when I called the reservation number and I must say that at that price, the value was outstanding. Even at the regular rates, it’s still worth the money.

LOCATION – If you need a place to stay before or after a trip to Legoland, this is a great location. It’s fairly far down Palomar Airport Rd. near the small Carlsbad airport, but I don’t think we heard a single plane takeoff or land that evening. It’s not near any restaurants so you’ll need to drive at least a mile to find food or any other type of business (save for the WaMu bank right next to it).

PROPERTY CONDITION – This is not a motel or an inn; This is a hotel. Exceptional quality inside and out, from the parking lot to the lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.

ROOM – Excellent room with designer bathroom. Room had a business desk, flat screen TV and even a game console connected to the TV. I guess the property is brand new as everything in the room sure looked it.

BREAKFAST – The hot breakfast and the dining area was outstanding. There were two types of scrambled eggs offered: plain or with cheese/ham and the chef came out periodically to stir the eggs and add more if needed. Hot biscuits and were also offered. A large selection of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit salad was available as was the standard continental breakfast fare of muffins, bagels and toast. Several coffees were offered. The dining area was large to accommodate several families and business travelers. Still, the hotel was fully booked when we were there so getting down to breakfast before 8am to get a table was smart.

SERVICE – Since we got in late and checked out the following morning, I don’t have much to say about the service other than the front desk personnel were friendly and helpful when I asked where I could find dinner. The room was pristine upon arrival so the maid service knows how to prep a room for new guests.

CONCLUSION – Very impressed with this hotel. I’d stay there again with the family for a longer stay, even with an itinerary full of Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Gaslamp and other San Diego destinations that are out of the way from Carlsbad. The breakfast takes an already great property to an even higher level. I’d give this place the full 5 stars except it is a bit isolated on Palomar Airport Road and with no evening restaurant onsite, it’s location knocks it down to 4 stars. I’m very picky about location-related conveniences so I can easily see why others don’t hesitate to rate this place 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank chris_in_sunnyvale
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Brand new hotel since 2008. We found it out of desperation after our original hotel ended up being horrible. This hotel is in a nice, clean area. Very close to Legoland (our destination) It is across from a small plane airport but I NEVER heard a plane at all. Very nice accomodations and staff. Room was clean, smelled fresh, nice large, high beds, comfortable "pillow top" on the beds, huge flat screen tv, big desk, big tub. They have a nice lobby, large area for breakfast and a fabulous assortment to eat. Cut fruit, whole fruit, danishes, muffins, bagels, toast, oatmeal, sausage, eggs, pancakes, yogurt, juices, coffees, cereals. They have a pool and hot tub but we did not have a chance to try them out. The front desk staff was very friendly and VIcki was Fabulous!!! Another staff person made a point to try to remember my son's name and even offered him a little trinket two days in a row. They have refrigerators that can be put in your room if you need one and they have a microwave downstairs that you can use. They have a "suite shop" with candy, snacks, ice cream, drinks that you can purchase. Free newspaper too. Right beside their hotel is another hotel in their chain that is for extended stays, so you can take your pick depending on your needs.
My only negative comment would be that the smoke from the smoking rooms filtered down the hall to the elevators and it kind of smelled as we used the elevators. But they have positioned all the smoking rooms in one area so that they are away from the nonsmoking rooms. Vicki also told me that they are trying to go smoke free soon. There are not any restaurants near the hotel but there are some within a few miles.
Great place to stay, Very impressed

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank texanTx
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights in May 2008. I can't rate this hotel highly enough! It was excellent. The front desk staff were very pleasant, the rooms were very comfortable with flat screen TV. The free breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel, everything was fresh, even a hot food option which differed each day. It was replenished very quickly and always looked well presented.

Its location is next to a very small airport, but I heard no noise whilst staying there. On the day we left there had been a party of young people (prom goers) staying at the hotel and they were quite rowdy in the breakfast area. The Manager/Security were on to it at once and cleared them all out swiftly and apologised to the other guests.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Carlsbad area.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple