“Nice value hotel”

Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This Hampton inn is by the airfield in Carlsbad and right by a Homewood Suites. Staying just one night it served the purpose and this one was the lass expensive of the two. Front desk was efficient and friendly, the quality of sleep was very good, it is a quiet hotel despite being roght next to an airfield

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TRozsa
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I normally stay at Holiday Inn Expresses because I'm a gold member, and my friend and I, love the free breakfasts they have. We stayed in a Hampton Inn in St. Louis last year while on our annual baseball stadium road trip, and we loved it, so after not being able to find a HIE with good reviews in the area, we decided to go with Hampton again. Hampton's also offer the free breakfast as well. Besides the fact that this property got great feedback, we also chose it because we didn't want to stay in San Diego mostly because of cost, but also the crowds. We arrived on a Tuesday night, and we were shocked that the property was sold out, then again it is a business hotel, and the area is surrounded by many companies. Anyway, we were checked in fast and the girl working the desk was nice. I will break down the rest of the review in categories:

Breakfast- Decent sized sitting area and the food was good. The cold food was cold, and the hot food was hot. They had a nice selection of fruit as well.

Fitness area/Pool- Nice fitness area, with a few quality treadmills and a few other cardio machines. They also had a nice selection of free weights as well. I'm an avid runner, so I did my runs in the beautiful surrounding neighborhood, which offered breath-taking views as well as some inclines. The pool was by no means big, but the water was the perfect temperature and it was clean. The sauna was also nice.

Parking: This hotel shares a piece of property with another Hilton owned hotel, so between the two, parking was a little tight late at night, but we always got a spot.

Room: The rooms weren't huge, but they were spotless!

Service: Super friendly and helpful staff. I did notice one girl at night who played with her Ipad a lot, but then again nobody was waiting foe help.

Location: The hotel is in a affluent neighborhood, so you will feel totally safe. There is an awesome factory outlet stores place about two miles away, and plenty of gas stations and shopping places. Hotel is about 25-30 miles from San Diego attractions, but you just take Route 5, and it's a breeze.

This is where I will stay when I visit San Diego again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. A basic hotel, it is newer and everything is fresh and clean as expected. Not much within walking distance but a good hotel if you are visiting the vast expanse of industrial areas nearby. The big problem is that for a new hotel the walls seem paper thin, as you can hear conversations and TVs from your neighbors. I was woken up by a vibrating cell phone in the next room! Front desk was great at check in, friendly and helpful, but I never saw those two employees again and the rest of the time the woman at the front desk each day was too busy on her iPad/computer to even look up and say hi whenever I came in. Not a big deal I guess, but not what I am use to at a Hilton property so I guess I am spoiled. There are many other hotels in the are with more amenities (bar, food, etc.) but for the $109 per night I paid it would be hard to pass on if you are on a budget.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in September. Picked this hotel with my friend due to its proximity to San Diego. The hotel is on a main rd a few miles off of I - 5 in a business park area. Here are the positives of my stay: Very clean room, comfortable beds, great breakfast, and very quiet although I don't think I would stay here in the summer due to legoland being close to this hotel and the little kids that must stay here. Luckily this being the end of summer I didn't have to worry about kids running rampant. The hotel does have a smaller outside pool and a hot tub which we used every day. If in the area again I would definetly stay here as long as its the off season.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

If you decide to stay in this hotel it's because of the price and not because you're looking for luxury!!
It's the best and cleanest 2 stars hotel I've ever seen! Comfy beds, small but clean bathroom. No closet in the room.
A large and tasty breakfast is included in the rate, as well as the newspaper (not bad for a 2 stars!).
So so the location: 5 miles from the freeway and the malls.
Reccomended to whose who are looking for a clean place to stay for a small price!

1  Thank FedericoStea
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights the beginning of August. The room was nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. The location was close to Legoland and San Diego too. The staff was very friendly and nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place meets all three important criteria of hotels worth staying at – clean, quiet and in a good location. Staff was super friendly. The breakfast has something for everyone, including cereal, sausages, eggs, toast, yogurt, fruit, pastries. Mini fridge and microwave are very convenient. The only thing they could improve upon is to make the pool bigger.

The location is convenient to Legoland since it's about ten minutes away. Unfortunately, there are no restaurants nearby so you have to drive to get anything to eat. We enjoyed Ruby's Diner and SanSai Japanese.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family