“Nice Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was walking around the Carlsbad Village area and was told to keep an eye out for local micro brew pubs and restaurants. I happened upon the Pizza Port which was on my list.
It is a very casual place - order at the counter, pick up your food when they call your name. I ordered the pizza slice special of the day with a brew. The pizza was a barbeque jalapeno which was surprisingly delicious and I had one of the Pizza Port wheat-style beer (cannot remember the name). They had quite a busy lunch crowd and I would definitely stop in the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is one of our favorite hot spots to eat at. It's got the beach local vib to it and amazingly awesome homemade pizza!! be prepared for it being crowded and waiting for the pizza to be made. It's a great beach hang out and "hipster" place. The dining area is picnic bench style and outside seating is the same set up. My teenagers love this place, but my senior age parents might not like the set up and loud noise. But the place is a gem to Carlsbad and is truly the best best pizza in town. the beers are truly unique and great tasting. The staff are amazing and friendly and love to serve the locals as well as the tourists.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you are with children or from the younger set go here, but not for the over 40 set w/o kids. Did not like the picnic sharing of tables or noisy setting. Large crowd goes here for the brewery. If you like lots of noise and sharing close proximity to others then you will like. We did not and would not go back. Also parking lot gets full early

1  Thank SingaporeDana
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I am a fan of the Pizza Port in Carlsbad. The pizza is good a little doughy but not bad. My favorite is the pizza buddies. That's where it is at. I am a huge fan of the beer selection. It does get noisy. I was there this trip with my family so we went early and it wasn't that bad.

The vibe there was great and our little ones got to play corn hole by the bottle shop and had the whole place watching a cheering for them which made them happy.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Pretty good pizza joint with lots of beer to choose from. Bit of a young and loud crowd frequents the place but what do you expect at a Pizza Port? Very casual dining at picnic style tables.