West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$252
$209
$227
$209
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

$287
$220
$148
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$369
$332
Omni Hotels
$167
$152
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$419
Official Website
1,189 results
All reviewscookies and milkking suitepower plantgas stationswim diaperstrain tracksfree shuttlepool toysboutique hotelshuttle servicefree breakfastsan diegoyogurtloved this hotelbusiness centerbeach chairseach evening
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband, extended family and I enjoyed our stay at the West Inn and Suites. Although the hotel is located right off the freeway and near railroad tracks, we found the rooms surprisingly quiet. The rooms themselves have a modern elegance and we found our stay very pleasurable. The beds are extremely comfortable!!!

We were expecting more from breakfast given how nice the rest of the hotel is--really, the food was little better than what you'd find at a Holiday Inn Express. However, overall, the rooms more than make up for it and we would highly recommend the West Inn and Suites.

(Note that this would NOT be an ideal choice if you are looking for something close to the water as even though you are within walking distance of the beach it is in more of an industrial area compared to hotels in downtown Carlsbad. However, it's an easy five minute drive to beach access.)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KaT95682
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. We decided to stay here based on the tripadvisor reviews and are glad we did. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast better than most. The best thing about this hotel was the customer service. The man who drove us around in the shuttle took us to his favorite beach, gave us suggestions for dinner, and was always pleasant and friendly. We also loved their warm swimnming pool and cookies at night. This is the best place to stay if you are visiting Legoland - don't waste time paying parking fees when the shuttle will take you for free!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed in the suite for 3 nights and totally enjoyed everything in this hotel. They have complimentary breakfasts, shuttle service to anywhere within 3 or 5 miles (We have used their shuttle service to legoland), cookies and milk (at night). The room is large and clean. The building is very beautiful. Actually, I only disappoint their TVs which did not provide High definition programs.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Highlights:
- Very nice interior: Intimate public areas, room décor feels very upscale. Room was quiet even the hotel is next to freeway and railroad.
- Location: Short drive to Legoland; free shuttle that saves you the parking fees. Sign up for the shuttle early if you want the earliest run to Legoland. The shuttle can take only one family at one time every 15 minutes. Plenty of restaurants within 5-10 minutes drive.
- Very friendly staff.
- Free freshly made chocolate chips and milk every night is a big hit with my kids.

Other things about the hotel:
- Free continental type breakfast is nothing special.
- Wish that the beach is closer. It is about 5 minutes drive away and need to find parking.
- Nothing much to do or see in walking distance of the hotel.
- The swimming pool seems nice and warm but we didn’t have time to try it,

Overall, the West Inn & Suites is a very nice boutique like hotel that the whole family can enjoy. It is on the expensive side. I would recommend it If you like a comfortable hotel and don’t mind driving to get to restaurant and beach.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel because the service was excellent. Whoever I came across seemed to go out of your way and do what ever was needed to help you. The hotel is very nice and the pictures on their website is exactly what it looks like - clean, modern, well appointed.

I came with my sister and her family and my parents to go to Lego Land and stayed for about 4 nights. The hotel seemed very kids friendly but as a single person, I really enjoyed myself as well. They provide breakfast there and it's next to a great living room where the kids can watch cartoons or play with West Inn's wooden blocks / games while you finish your breakfast in peace. They have books in their "living room" and they encouraged me to take a book with me if I was in the middle of it and wanted to finish it at home. The beach is a 10 min walk away or a quick drive and West Inn and Suites had umbrellas, towels, and chairs available for me to borrow.

Some of the evenings I noticed that they had a happy hour/cocktails for the adults. I did not participate but it was nice that they catered to those without children. When I was there, every night they have milk and cookies from about 8-9. It was really cute to see the kids walk down in their PJs enjoying themselves. They have alot of tables where you can sit to enjoy your snacks or even eat any take out food you brought back. They also have alot of board games if you want to play them at night.

The hotel is next to the freeway but they have double paned windows so it is quiet inside. Although the pool is also close to the freeway, they have a waterfall feature to help mask the sound of the freeway. The bistro / restaurant next to the hotel is excellent as well. I keep thinking about the braised short ribs :) I think it is popular with locals as the parking lot filled up during the week nights.

I had a wonderful time staying at the West Inn & Suites and would highly recommend this to anyone staying in Carlsbad, especially those with children and that are going to Legoland.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family