West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
$259
Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$236
$230
$206
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$339
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $398/night.

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$244
$148
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$229
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$419
Official Website
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$388
$332
Priceline
1,187 results
All reviewscookies and milkking suitepower plantgas stationswim diaperstrain tracksfree shuttlepool toysboutique hotelshuttle servicefree breakfastsan diegoyogurtloved this hotelbusiness centerbeach chairseach evening
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel because the service was excellent. Whoever I came across seemed to go out of your way and do what ever was needed to help you. The hotel is very nice and the pictures on their website is exactly what it looks like - clean, modern, well appointed.

I came with my sister and her family and my parents to go to Lego Land and stayed for about 4 nights. The hotel seemed very kids friendly but as a single person, I really enjoyed myself as well. They provide breakfast there and it's next to a great living room where the kids can watch cartoons or play with West Inn's wooden blocks / games while you finish your breakfast in peace. They have books in their "living room" and they encouraged me to take a book with me if I was in the middle of it and wanted to finish it at home. The beach is a 10 min walk away or a quick drive and West Inn and Suites had umbrellas, towels, and chairs available for me to borrow.

Some of the evenings I noticed that they had a happy hour/cocktails for the adults. I did not participate but it was nice that they catered to those without children. When I was there, every night they have milk and cookies from about 8-9. It was really cute to see the kids walk down in their PJs enjoying themselves. They have alot of tables where you can sit to enjoy your snacks or even eat any take out food you brought back. They also have alot of board games if you want to play them at night.

The hotel is next to the freeway but they have double paned windows so it is quiet inside. Although the pool is also close to the freeway, they have a waterfall feature to help mask the sound of the freeway. The bistro / restaurant next to the hotel is excellent as well. I keep thinking about the braised short ribs :) I think it is popular with locals as the parking lot filled up during the week nights.

I had a wonderful time staying at the West Inn & Suites and would highly recommend this to anyone staying in Carlsbad, especially those with children and that are going to Legoland.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Staying in a very comfortable and reasonable double king suite. Beds very comfortable, towels soft and plush, and linens of very high quality. Prompt FREE shuttle service to Legoland, so you can save on parking. Breakfast was good with many buffet choices. Complimentary wine and beer between 5-6 was a very nice touch, as were the cookies and milk at night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I found this hotel by reading tripadvisor ratings and I have to say it deserves the number one spot. The hotel and our room was very attractive, the front desk staff very helpful, it is a very convenient location ( near legoland, flower fields and not too far from the San Diego wild animal park), and the breakfast is good. Two things I really appreciate:
1. Unlike a LOT of hotels that offer breakfast, this hotel has a lot of seating for families. I hate going to the breakfast area, getting your plate filled and then searching for a table to open up,
2. The hotel is elegant, but is very geared towards family and traveling with small children. Who says that once you have kids you have to stay in yucky places? Very pretty hotel and elegant surroundings. I especially liked all the orchid arrangements.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We had the pleasure of travelling to California for a 2-week Spring Break oliday with extended family. For 5 nights we stayed at the West and it was absolutely FABULOUS.It is a five-star experience with luxurious, thoughful detail and no pretentiousness. Our room had 2 king beds which were very much like the Westin's famous Heavenly Beds - -they were incredibly comforable with luxurious linens. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed with a generous storage armoire, large flat-panel TV and a small sitting area. The rooms are all equipped with a microwave and small refrigerator. The batrooms are large and are stocked with Aveda bath products - -a real treat. We were travelling with extended family so the hotel kindly accommodated our request for adjoining rooms. Our room had a lovely soaker tub and the other room had a huge walk-in rain shower, which the children particularly loved. Some other trip advisor reviews have noted that the location of the hotel is a bit peculiar. We found the location to be very handy - -it is close to the beach, the wonderful outlet mall, Legoland etc. We had no complaints about the loaction at all. This really is a hotel that goes out of its way to make your stay comforatble and special. The service is impeccable. The hot breakfast was excellent quality - everything you would want and more. We appreciated that the hotel provided trays so that you could bring breakfast into your room to enjoy. From Monday to Thursday we enjoyed tha "happy hour" - -complimentary wine and beer (we tried some fabulous local microbrews this way) and we all enjoiyed the frrsh-baked cookies and ice-cold milk served nightly between 8 and 9 pm. The hotel has a great complimentary DVD selection - -all the latest movies for viewing in your room, so we would often have an afger-dinner swim, get the kids ready for bed, pick up some cookies and milk and snuggle in to watch a family movie - -- lovely ! Some nights we would choose a board game from the games room to play (lots to choose from) The pool is very nice - -has a great deck area with comfy loungers. Again, no detail is missed - baskets of the latest magazines to borrow, urns of ice-cold lemon water, even baskets of complimentary swimming diapers if you have little ones who need them (how thoughtful is THAT ! ?!) Heading off to one of the neaby beaches, the hotel asked us if we needed lounge chairs, boogie boards etc.....WOW ! They had a whole cupboard full of great beachsupplies. We were SO impressed (we had a great time !). Although we weren't travelling with pets, it is evident that the hotel is very pet-friendly, even having a doggie "brag book" at the front counter, with photos of alll the dogs that have stayed ....the kids loved the 2 Golden retrievers owned by the General Manager, who we had the pleasure of meeting at the hotel one day. A truly lovely person. Well....I could go on and on, but Im, sure that you've got an overall impression......we LOVED this unique boutique hotel and can't wait to return. I wish ther was a West in every city --they've figured out the secret to succees:

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BeezerFamily
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the West. The rooms are spectacular. The staff is literally the best hotel staff I have encountered. I have stayed in 5 star hotels before and have never felt as cared for as I was at the West. They serve warm cookies and milk at night before you go to bed as well as a complimentary breakfast in the morning. Great food! The bistro next door has such a unique menu for such affordable prices. Very flavorfull! You are only a five minute walk from beautiful beaches. The pool area is great for kids and adults. Will definitely stay at the West next time we are in town.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple