West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
$227
$209
Homewood
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$235
$220
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$260
$249
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$336
Official Site
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $382/night.

$339
  • Restaurant
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$369
$332
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$419
Official Website
1,189 results
All reviewscookies and milkking suitepower plantgas stationswim diaperstrain tracksfree shuttlepool toysboutique hotelshuttle servicefree breakfastsan diegoyogurtloved this hotelbusiness centerbeach chairseach evening
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at West Inn while taking our 6 year old to Legoland. I booked the hotel based on the recommendations here, and can only echo all the "wows" from other travelers. Our King Suite was spacious, lovely, and clean. Be aware, though, that the "separate family room" does not close off from the adult's sleeping area. The breakfast offered lots of choices - even in seating: at small tables, large picnic tables, or outside on the patio. What impressed me most about the hotel were the little touches I haven't seen anywhere else, like a basket of magazines at the pool, or another one with swim diapers. We had dinner at the Bistro our first night, a lovely restaurant and very good food. We didn't try the steak house, as it was a bit pricey with a young child. The location next to the freeway didn't bother us in the room, but does make the pool area noisy. But that's a minor point, given all the positives. The staff told me that the Wests would like to build more hotels, and I look forward to staying in all of them!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sdgobie
Reviewed August 6, 2009

What a wonderful hotel! Great location close to the beach, very friendly staff and a very decent complimentary breakfast + free internet and parking. Will stay here again for sure! Some people critisized that I-5 runs next to the otel, but the double windows prevent the noise from disturbing your rest.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

On July 26th and 27th, we stayed at this hotel. We did a short stay to take our kids (age 7, 5) to the beach and Seaworld. The location is very good. It is a few blocks from the ocean, but about a 1-2 miles to the beaches. It was a 30 minute drive to Seaworld and 1-2 miles from Legoland (we did not go to Legoland, but would be great location for Legoland). The hotel is located near the freeway and some train tracks, but do not let either stop you from going to this hotel. We did not find either to be a problem.

The room we stayed in was a king suite which was very spacious. Two tv's and two dvd players which was great. One for the adults and one for the kids. The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful with anything that we needed. Questions answered, offered beach towels, provided free dvd's for checkout, Free parking, Free Breakfast, pool, spa, etc. They do offer two restaurants on the grounds. We ate at the Bistro and the food and service there was outstanding as well. Also, Great kids menu.
This hotel is outstanding and we will return to this hotel when visiting the San Diego area.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed 4 nights at the West Inn and Suites and I cannot have been happier with the place! We had double king suite and had plenty of room for the 5 of us. Which was great since we were going to be there for several days. The rooms are contemporary, attractive and clean. The little kitchenette area was fantastic to have since we were staying for several days. There was a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and a sink all in a little alcove in the living room area. It was nice to pop popcorn or make mac & cheese for the kids instead of running out for food all of the time. We did order a pizza from the bistro right next door and it was very, very good! And not horribly expensive either. I do believe there is a small food mart next to the gas station on the site but we didn't go there.

The beds were very comfortable! Comfy down comforters and lots of pillows to choose from. The bathroom is lovely with nice, thick towels and Aveda soaps and shampoos. The bathroom isn't huge like in most hotels, but this one was larger than some and I could get all 3 of the boys in and out of the shower without bumping into walls or tripping on the toilet.

The breakfast is very good for families. Choices were bacon, eggs, sausage, french toast/waffles. Then the standard fare of cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins etc. There was also this endless bowl of local strawberries which were delicious and my boys looked forward to them each day. You can eat in the spacious dining area or go outside by the pool. It got a little crazy in there as the morning wore on. But no terribly long waits for anything.

The pool is fantastic! My boys loved it and begged to go back to the hotel just to swim. It was heated and was very comfortable to swim in for a long time, even if the outdoor air temp was in the low 70s. And it seemed large enough to accommodate quite a few people. We never felt crowded in it. Also it's a short walk to the beach. I took the boys one day and it's literally 2 blocks away. And if you're visiting Lego Land, it's only a couple of miles away from the hotel.

The only negative, like one other reviewer said, is that there are no other West Inn and Suites anywhere else in the country. I would love to have this type of hotel available in other states as my first choice when traveling. Hopefully they will expand!

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We looked at many hotels in the Carlsbad area and finally chose this one for what we perceived as a good deal (good looking hotel) for the price. We were certainly not disappointed! We booked a little late and didn't get the exact room we wanted, however, we got on a waiting list and Kristine Bane, the Asst. General Manager, followed up when a room became available and booked it for us. We stayed in a Double King Suite and I highly recommend this for families traveling with kids. We were able to relax in the main room with the 2 king beds and the kids enjoyed the waiting area, with the couch folded out into a bed. The set up was perfect and very spacious.

This hotel is right off of Cannon road, which is less than 5 minutes from Legoland - perfect for our visit! Lots of restaurants and other amenities within a 5 minute drive as well, if you need that Starbucks fix, place to eat off site or a grocery store.

Customer service is always a big deal for me and my family and this place delivered in spades!!! Each and every person we dealt with in the the hotel was super friendly and went out of their way to help. From Kristin (gen'l mgr) to Marcia and Ryan at the front desk, they were all super friendly and incredibly helpful.

The only complaint I have, if you can call it one, is the free breakfast in the mornings gets a little crowded. I guess that's to be expected when you're getting a free meal. Just make sure to avoid the 9-9:30AM breakfast rush and you should be good to go.