My Wife and three teenagers accompanied me for two nights of Seaworld. we chose to stay here due to the reviews. The two King beds and Queen sofa bed worked great for the 5 of us. My son used the sofa, and the girls occupied one of the King beds. There was a great deal of room to move around. we didn't feel cramped at all. I called the hotel to book directly based upon their guarantee to match or beat the lowest advertised cost on the internet. They did beat it. We also had a bottle of sparkling cider awaiting our arrival. Their breakfasts were great for hotel fare. It is buffet style with scrambled eggs, bacon one day and sausage the next, likewise waffles one day and french toast the next. These items along with fresh fruit, pastries, juices, yogurts and many other items worked great for us. The pool was also a great find for the kids. It was heated nicely. The spa was great at the end of the day for me. They accommodated my wife's request for extra shampoo and conditioner quickly and gave us way more than we needed. The 25 minutes to Seaworld were fine for me as I commute 45 minutes each way to work. Its located near good restaurants and a 2 minute drive to the beach. I could have stayed a week. They offer milk and cookies in the evenings but we stayed out too late to get them. My wife and I have stayed at 4 and 5 star properties and this ranks very high with us. Not pretentious like La Costa and very family friendly. I almost forgot to say that the gym was adequately equipped for me. Treadmills, elipticals, a weight machine, flat screen tvs. Little touches like towels on the lounge chairs near the pool, lemon water in case you get thirsty made it seem upscale. A great property overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel