“Great place with wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of West Inn & Suites Carlsbad

West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great place with wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I stayed in Carlsbad for the 20th Junior Carlsbad 5000. I stay in this area last year an found it very difficult to move about in the mornings of race weekend. I chose this hotel based on location and the availability of shuttle services. I can not say anything negative about the hotel and the staff. Maybe the parking can be an issue with the restaurants but even though it was packed I always found a spot. The staff was very welcoming upon arrival and continued throughout my stay. The breakfast was a great way to start our mornings. Not only could you have to every hotel continental breakfast but also you have scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and either french toast or waffles. They have restaurants on site but I did not take the time to enjoy them. Overall it was great. The two things I an say were the towels were fabulous and flexibility and friendliness of the staff was impeccable. The staff emailed me multiple times to ensure my stay was arranged and all my need were met. Definitely would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jcote002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

My family and I came out to califorina from Las Vegas to go to Lego land. We knew the hotel would be nice from the reviews it recieved, but when we got there they totally exceeded our expecttions. Our room was spacious and clean comfortable and beautiful! They are literally 5 min away from lego land. The front desk staff was helpful and super friendly. The housekeeping was acomodating and did a great job. Breakfast was very good and it saves you $ and time! The pool is beautiful and is usually heated but durining our stay the heater was busted, but is wasn't unbearably cold and the hot tube worked just fine:) Cookies and milk time was a great touch! We had a wonderful stay and will definately be back ASAP!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

The hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway and about five minutes to Legoland. The best part of the hotel are the beds! The pillows are amazing. We had just arrived from the Embassy Suites in Anaheim and the difference in the beds is huge. We stayed in room 100 which was perfect for our family to go out into their living room area. There they have games, couches, and a tv to hang out in. There is access to coffee/tea and ice water anytime of the day. The milk and cookies in the evening were a welcome treat for our kids. Another great detail that my husband and I loved were the complimentary wine and beer in the evening. If you are traveling to Legoland you have to stay here!

1 Thank BuyBuys
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

I brought my family with me on a business trip to San Diego - after the meeting we headed up to Carlsbad for 2 days to hit Legoland. I decided to stay at the West Inn because of the positive reviews and I was not disappointed.
Service was excellent - felt like we were the only ones there.
Family friendly - good breakfast, milk and cookies at night, free drop off and pick-up at Legoland
Adult friendly - while kids played in pool, my wife enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting (M-Thurs) and read a book.
Great rooms - we had enough room with 2 kings, crowave and fridge in room was a plus
There were games in the library - one night we went down for milk and cookies and stayed down several hours playing family games.
The West bistro next door had great food and service as well.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I travel extensively for business, coast to coast and it has become NO PICNIC! We face overcrowded planes, dining alone on chicken dish number 237, impersonal hotel staffs, and time away from home and family. I needed to stay near my client and this was one of my closest choices. NOT thinking about this being spring break, I booked the room through my agency for 4 days. I could not have been MORE PLEASED. When I arrived, I felt like I was standing in a lobby in Key West. There were dark wood floors with an island feel and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I was greeted warmly at the desk and told of all the amenities. When I got to the room, the beds looked inviting, there was a large safe (big enough for sensitive papers, and a laptop as well), a mini-frig, microwave, oversized bathroom with soft, thick towels, a DVD player and a very comfortable work area. The room was immaculate and kept that way during my entire stay. If I had ANY concerns about families being present (noise), they disappeared as soon as I was in my room. I had NO outside noise penetrate my sanctuary, night or day. The maid staff was very friendly, smiling and able to answer any of my questions. While on business, I felt relaxed and comfortable which is rare these days. The restaurants (both owned by the hotel) varied from upscale (great for business meetings)to bistro (a hot spot for locals) and served outstanding food with superior firendly service. I am a HUGE fan and look forward to staying here again, business OR pleasure.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank WordlyTiredTraveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

For the price you pay, this is a great little hotel....not the Four Seasons of course but clean and comfortable. You can tell they take good care of the property and everything seems very new. We traveled recently with our 2 children and the hotel is very family friendly - cookies at night, swim diapers by the pool, and of course close to Legoland. My only complaint is that you are RIGHT next to the freeway. We couldn't hear it from our room but could see it. Beside that it was a great base for a nice quick vacation. We also ate at the West Grill next door and were pleasantly surprised by the food and decor. A bit upscale but a very nice dinner.

1 Thank rrhsunny76
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

This hotel was great in every way. It's new and clean. Rooms were huge and they even brought a new crib up for our baby at no additional charge.
Nice heated pool & hot tub outside with towel and little swimmers provided.
Includes free hot breakfast buffet every morning. Free Parking.
Excellent, friendly staff. Close to beach, legoland, and restaurants.
Cookies for kids in the evenings. Complimentary wine & snacks each evening between 5:30-6:30.
Couldn't ask for a better hotel. We will stay here again.

1 Thank YoungFamilyTraveler