“I can't say enough how impressed I was with this property and staff!”

West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travel for work often from the east coast, so when I had to travel to CA I was a little worried as I know nothing local. My co-worker opted to stay at the classic safety nets (Hilton, Marriot) but after some searching on TripAdvisor I took a chance on this privately owned hotel and property. Needless to say my co-worker and I ate at the West Inn every single night we were in town. The on-site food is rediculously fabulous and honestly somewhat underpriced for the quality. The property and staff were top notch, I felt like I was at an all inclusive resort rather than on a work trip. There is a free happy hour for guests and also warm cookies and milk each night in the lobby... nice touch! You can tell the owners of this establishment are high class and spare no expense as this hotel truley reflects their pride and joy!! I would drive an hour each way just to stay here again :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Everything from the facilities to the staff was wonderful! The hotel looks exactly like the photos online. Very clean and the free parking, WiFi and breakfast are just a few of the great perks. There are movies that you can borrow at the front desk... fresh baked cookies at night...a free shuttle to take you to legoland, the beach and to downtown carlsbad. All the staff are super friendly! Bertha greeted us each morning with a friendly smile and a hot cup of coffee. :) location was perfect... a nice walk to the beach and right near the highway. Highly recommend to anyone coming to this area! Definitely plan on coming back! Thanks West Inn for giving us a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank shirlz07
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel truly caters to its guests. From the free breakfast/milk cookies/movie rentals to the staff friendliness, this is the place to stay while visiting Carlsbad, CA. I cannot recommend this hotel enough for families, in particular. The rooms are spacious, inexpensive, and clean. The 2-king suite had two TVs and DVD players, which is perfect for the free movie rentals that you can get at the front desk. The staff goes out of their way to help you with anything that you need. There were free swimmers diapers for babies/toddlers by the pool. Their sundry store is staffed 24 hours a day. The room service did not come with a fee. I could go on. Trust me, this is the place to stay if you are in the area and/or going to Legoland.

Room Tip: Several reviewers mention that train, but I did not have a problem with the noise (and I stayed for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We planned a trip to San Diego and wanted to be close to Legoland. We absolutely loved everything about this hotel. Excellent hotel staff, beautiful clean hotel, great pool area, overall a very nice place for families. Breakfast each morning made the trip easy, and milk and cookies each night were a bonus for the kids. The wine reception each evening for the adults was fun too! The hotel has a large collection of DVD's and board games which make for fun family time in the evenings. The hotel has a shuttle to Legoland which is about 5 minutes away. I would highly recommend this hotel to families. It is about a 30 minute drive into downtown San Diego and absolutely worth it. Excellent Bistro next door and many great restaurant options with a mile or two. We will absolutely stay here again! Thank you for such a great experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double king room. It had an extra living area and was plenty of space for our family...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jenniferlehman33
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Outstanding customer service, great stay. Front desk Amanda was on her game, I felt welcomed at the West Inn. Room was just what I was looking for. Breakfast was very satisfying. Cleaning and breakfast staff were very helpful.
West Inn keep doing what you are doing-looking forward to another stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DanNanci
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the West Inn the last week of February because of the location to San Diego. This is one of my new favorite hotels because of the second living room inside the rooms for early risers. Staff are attentive to details, friendly and eager to help in any way. We enjoyed the nightly wine socials and breakfast was a good variety. Everything is exceptionally clean inside the rooms and the beds are very comfortable. The only issue they have is reception for internet and we were told they are currently working on an upgrade to the system. It certainly would not keep me from staying here again though as it is so much more bang for your traveling bucks. Look at the TripAdvisor reviews like I did before selecting your hotel in Carlsbad. The comments were spot on!

Room Tip: Train runs during the night and it is very close to hotel so ask for a quiet room. Plan to dine at b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SingaporeDana
Reviewed March 11, 2014

have stayed here many times and will again and again. its the nicest, friendliest, cleanest, most comfortable hotel in SD area. wifi is still a bit spotty but they are working on it and provide free hard wire hookups in the rooms.
People behind the front desk are a delight .

Pet friendly.

Room Tip: better wifi service in rooms in the middle of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business