“Great service, clean & quiet!”

West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great service, clean & quiet!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

They worked with us on price to make the rate comparable to a place across the street. The pool was very nice and they even provided swim diapers so I didn't have to go out and buy a whole pack for just two swim sessions. Breakfast was pretty good, but not awesome. The room was exceptionally clean. They provided transportation to Legoland saving us the $15 parking charge. I was a little worried about being by the highway and a railroad track, but the noise was never did wake me. Great experience!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gmarie8338

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Four sisters meeting to celebrate birthdays! We could not have found a more perfect setting and overall full hotel experience than the one we all had at this West Inn and Suites. Incredible staff that added all the special touches to our two day stay. Beautiful European boutique like feeling, meticulously clean, birthday card and wine in our lovely furnished rooms, dining at their on property Bistro Restaurant with excellent food and fun atmosphere, full delicious breakfast in the morning, happy hour with complimentary wine and pistachios, cookies and milk at night. Close to beaches, shopping and the quaint village of Carlsbad. I'm now a Stash Member who plans to return often and also look for their sister hotels wherever we travel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Two king size beds and pull out sofa for travelers with 5 people. Very comfortable and spacious suit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ca
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful at checking
Inn. Good size room nice decor
Breakfast buffet good. Just 2 minutes drive to beach. Also close to outlet center. Plenty of parking. 2 restaurants on property. Hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank lovec55
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014

For a local trying to do a stay cation with wife (need break from kids), this place was perfect. I travel a lot for business and have been to a lot of lousy hotels, including big name ones like Marriott. This West Inn is no run of the mill hotel. From the towel hanger to the coffee maker, this hotel has thought through all the details of how to make you happy. I'm pretty particular especially for a San Diego hotel and this place ROCKS. Very firm comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, decor, etc. BTW the restaurant across the parking lot (West Steak and Seafood) is amazing. It's different than Bistro attached to hotel. Briefly, in a word--- AMAZING HOTEL(ok 2 words…)

Room Tip: There is a train that comes by early in the morning. My wife didn't hear it but I usually awake...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roger S
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We needed a place to stay during two day San Diego / Legoland trip. The West Inn was a great hotel. The room (king suite) was salacious though the sofa bed was a little uncomfortable. But no complaints from the child who slept in it. The staff was really friendly and the nightly milk and cookies were a huge hit with the kids. They have a p book shelf which you can freely take and keep (my wife took advantage of that). They also had a good movie library but we didn't have enough time for that.

The only negative is the hotel is right next to a train track. We heard the train a handful of times but times but it never woke us (and I'm a light sleeper).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel backside so you're not facing the train crossing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

West Inn and Suites is off the Cannon Road Exit on 405. t is in a good location for a visit to Legoland or the discount mall. There are several decent motels at this exit (including a Hilton Garden and a Hyatt house). I have stayed at all of them and they are all good, but I just like the West a little better. If the prices are close, I generally choose it. The rooms come with two big King Size beds so I can fit the whole family. The only negative on my last visit was the free breakfast. Not that great. There are several restaurants pretty close by, The West Bistro is a very good place. Very nice for adults but ok for Children too. A fancier West Steak and Seafood restaurant is there too if you want something more formal. There is cheaper food such as Claimjumper (and cheaper chain motels) not too far away as well. Overall, the West Inn is a fine motel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I always like to complain about something, so I will give you the Pros and Cons of the West Inn and Suites in Carlsbad, Cal. The "Cons" first! There are no "Cons"! The "Pros" of this hotel..in a few words... "A COMPLETE FIVE STAR HOTEL". The staff are their to please you and very, very friendly from the Hotel Staff to the Housekeepers! Maybe, I had one issue, I don't like to drink coffee. I usually drink tea in the morning but nothing in the room to boil my water for my tea, so the Manager went out and bought a electric boiling water pot for my suite. Now that is quality service. You will not be disappointed with this Hotel. And by the way, I am going back. I usually stay at the Hilton Brand, but this hotel is a diamond in the ruff!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business