The West Inn appears to be high-end townhomes converted into a hotel, and that is a big plus. The property is nice and clearly well-maintained, plus the staff very helpful in pointing out the amenities. After a long day at Legoland (sadly, we couldn't take advantage of the West Inn's free shuttle), we checked into the king suite on the first floor easily.
The double king suite was very large--in fact, it stated that it was 585 square feet, but I used to live in an apartment that was 600 square feet, and this suite appeared much larger. I wasn't expecting a small living room area with an HDTV, couch, refrigerator, sink and microwave, but that was a nice touch. There are also game controls on both tv's, so I am assuming games can be played. An input adapter for video cameras is also attached, which might be nice to view camcorder videos instantly.
The pool and spa are great, and sat right outside our windows. We spent several hours just relaxing, and the pool has plenty of life vests, noodles, toys and other accessories to keep kids entertained, plus it has a water dispenser with lemons in it. Very nice touch.
Milk and cookies at 8 p.m. was a nice touch, and the free morning breakfast rivals what you would expect at a Marriott. Much more than the usual continental breakfast of buns and juice.
FYI, I did not hear any trains at night, which I believe was a concern of some guests. Overall, very nice stay at the West Inn, and will definitely return if we stay in Carlsbad again. Dinner next door at the West Bistro(?) was also nice and actually reasonably-priced for a hotel's restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel