West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$269
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$288
$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$179
$150
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$159
$150
$120
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$189
$176
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$325
Official Website
1,177 results
All reviewscookies and milkking suitepower plantgas stationswim diaperstrain tracksfree shuttlepool toysboutique hotelshuttle servicefree breakfastsan diegoloved this hotelyogurtbusiness centerbeach chairshotel shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed in a lot of hotels but West Inn will always be my choice for many reasons. Excellent location, reasonable rates, extremely clean, quiet, friendly staff and on top of that you get a free breakfast and USA today! Christmas season is extra special for families.
Ps. Dog friendly too!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We choose the Westin Inn due to it's proximity to Legoland. The staff are friendly, helpful and very accommodating, special mention to Kyle who drove us to and from Legoland on a daily basis. He was friendly, funny and great with our kids. The rooms are big, we had a double King Suite and had more than enough room for the five of us. The amenities are great with the heated pool and gym. I love the little touches in a Hotel like the "do not disturb" shell on the doors, the cookies and milk at night and kids DVD's available at the front desk. One thing I noticed was the room next to us had the shell on the door all day so housekeeping did not clean the room, but they left a linen hamper outside the door for the guest and when they saw it ( happened to walk past at the time) they were so happy and appreciative of the gesture. Well done guys and next time we go back to the States and to San Diego we know where we will stay.

Room Tip: King Suites are spacious and very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I had a great two-night stay at this property when he was in town for an interview. The property is just as advertised both in their brochures and as written up on this site. The only reason we could not give the property top marks is I-5 runs by one side of this "small" property while a train track is on the other side. Noise, for light sleepers may be an issue no matter where your room is on property. I speak from experience here as we were in a corner room (218) the first night as did not arrive until midnight. We barely got any sleep due to the noise (both admittedly light sleepers who do not keep the TV on all night to drown out the noise). The corner rooms also have these cute port windows with plantation shutters on them. The problem is they do not keep light out nearly as well as black out drapes, so we also had sun in nice and early the next morning. Stephanie moved us first thing the next morning to a middle room (307). It was not only quieter but a much more spacious room with a separate living and sleeping area (bathroom in the middle). I would definitely recommend this room type and ensuring you are in the middle of one of their three floors. As noted in previous write-ups, the breakfast is just okay. Food is hot, but definitely not a vast selection. I will say the salsa has to be homemade and yummy enough I was finding ways to eat it on everything (salsa and pancakes surprisingly tasty)! The pool is a better than average size for a hotel and the whole pool/spa area is kept immaculate! We also enjoyed their movie check-out which does include newer movies so a great option to the charge movies in the room or hauling DVDs with you. Finally, I also ordered room service which was delicious and very timely. A note on room service, however, is you must order at least $25.00 which can be challenging for one. Finally, the staff are second to none, as not only all courteous (including housekeeping that makes eye contact every time you walk by and says hi), but you can tell genuinely want to help, so my hats off to HR and training for not only finding the right people to work at this great hotel, but ensuring they get what their number one job focus has to be!

Room Tip: Center rooms to avoid noise of I-5 on one side and train tracks on other.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank corbyandjen
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel didn't only meet our expectations, it definitely EXCEEDED them! Every hotel employee that we came in contact with was more than helpful, they all seemed to truly enjoy their job. From the comfy bed to the milk and cookies, everything was absolutely PERFECT!! Thank you West Inn for a WONDERFUL stay!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here last night with my teenage son. It was fine. Hotel was clean and it included a free breakfast buffet, which was mediocre. The room had two king beds and the furniture was tasteful and modern. It wasn't in the most convenient location to downtown Carlsbad Village. I prefer to be in walking distance and this wasn't. The hotel was lacking in personality, which to me is important. If that is not important to you, this hotel is a good choice. For me, I like character and would stay else wear the next time I am in town. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family