“Beware of take out...which is too bad as I really like the restaurant”
Review of Vigilucci's Cucina

Vigilucci's Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 343 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carlsbad Village Dr.
venice, ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware of take out...which is too bad as I really like the restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my second time out of my last three in the last 2 months I have done take-out as my wife is home pregnant and has been in the take-in mode lately. Like jim at the bar, but this is my second order in a row that I have put in out of last three they have dropped the ball. Manager I believe simon was sympathetic and understanding and told me he would erase charge to my card. Appreciate it, but maybe last time I will do take out...will however still dine in as it is a very good restaurant. Also, as a regular they gave me a discount card, gave with my debit card and they didn't apply. Frustrating!

• Visited April 2013

“Excellent food, good selection/variety, can be expensive”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We were super happy with our dinner. We stumbled across this place in Carlsbad Village after my Yelp serch/originally selected a place that did not look like (from the outside) what were expecting.

Vigiluccis seemed a bit more upscale than what we were looking for, guests were in "real" clothes, and I was in yoga pants and flip flops. Without a lot of drama given my attire, the host had no problem seating us.

Food was top notch, bread was served warm and was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Normally, we woud fill up on bread (when it us this yummy) but, the dishes coming out of the kitchen, to other tables, all looked so good. So, we really had to hold ourseves back by not asking for another loaf of bread.

We started with fried calamari and shrimp appetizer, and ordered chicken marsala, fettucinie alfredo w/chicken, and the arugula and portobello salad. All tasted fantastic.

We wanted desert but did not save enough room.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank snappy2012
Sebastopol, California
“Enjoyable italian evening”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

5 of us had an enjoyable evening at Vigilucci's. The host and our waiter spoke Italian (one was born in Modena, the other in Rome) which was fun, and the food was very good. The salad with pears was fresh and good, as were all the pasta dishes--the rigatoni Siciliana, the puttanesca, and the bolognese. The scallops with truffles in a brandy cream sauce were also very good. And the cannoli (3 small ones) was a nice finish to the meal. We ordered a bottle of the Vigilucci's red ( a blend of Sangiovese and Syrah) which went nicely with our meals, and especially with the parmagiana cheese they grated over our pasta (you could really taste the cheese after a sip of the wine).

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great Gnocchi!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I ate there. We likes the atmosphere, service and the food (veal parm and gnocchi). We split a great chocolate cake dessert.

Visited March 2013
Venice, Florida
“Great Italian Food!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great Italian food with wonderful service. Our server, "Emma", was so kind and knowledgeable about the food. Delicious with homemade pasta......who could ask for more!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Vigilucci's Cucina? Share your experiences!