“Enjoyable italian evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vigilucci's Cucina

Vigilucci's Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 326 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carlsbad Village Dr.
Sebastopol, California
“Enjoyable italian evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

5 of us had an enjoyable evening at Vigilucci's. The host and our waiter spoke Italian (one was born in Modena, the other in Rome) which was fun, and the food was very good. The salad with pears was fresh and good, as were all the pasta dishes--the rigatoni Siciliana, the puttanesca, and the bolognese. The scallops with truffles in a brandy cream sauce were also very good. And the cannoli (3 small ones) was a nice finish to the meal. We ordered a bottle of the Vigilucci's red ( a blend of Sangiovese and Syrah) which went nicely with our meals, and especially with the parmagiana cheese they grated over our pasta (you could really taste the cheese after a sip of the wine).

• 3 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
“Great Gnocchi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I ate there. We likes the atmosphere, service and the food (veal parm and gnocchi). We split a great chocolate cake dessert.

Visited March 2013
Venice, Florida
“Great Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great Italian food with wonderful service. Our server, "Emma", was so kind and knowledgeable about the food. Delicious with homemade pasta......who could ask for more!

• Visited February 2013
Irvine, California
“Authentic Italian ambience, service and cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I came here tonight with my sister in law and her boyfriend from NYC. We had a great table and server. Also, they were able to accomodate 2 special birthday desserts for my sister in law and her boyfriend since it was both their birthdays this week. The host Simone was also very hospitable and accomodating. The restaurant is looking in downtown Carlsbad which is very quaint with shops and restaurants. You can even sit outside like a sidewalk cafe when the weather is nice. A definite must stop when in N. San Diego!

Carlsbad, California
“Fresh Homemade Pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This local restaurant is one of our mouth-watering favorites. The title of this review is mandatory for any highly rated Italian restaurant. The service is impeccable and they greet you like you are their best, regular customer, even though we truly are. My wife and I both agree the quality of the food begins with consistency.

Vigilucci's Cucina has been very consistent in their food preparation over many years as well as their table service. Many of the waiters have come from Italy and we enjoy chatting with them. It is important to me to have my water glass always filled up, since I workout a lot. If you have ever been to Italy, then dining is a long and to be enjoyed process. The staff works hard because most of the time, this restaurant is full during dinner time. Sometimes you do have to ask for certain items but no one can read your mind. I do prefer this dowtown Carlsbad location over their sister location, which is about 1 mile away on the beach on Tamarack and PCH.

The bread is always fresh and homemade. The extra virgin olive oil has always been high quality and excellent balsalmic vinegar.

I have to recommend our favorite meals. For appetizers, try the Bruschetta con Prosciutto e Bufala. Very delicious combination. The prosciutto is not too salty but quite tasty. For extra hunger starters, Antipasto Misto for 2 will fill up any appetite. For salad, the fresh Insalata di Cesare can be split for 2 people (no questions asked) and anchovies upon request. For main entrees, I always order the Tagliatelle alla Bolognese (marked with a V for Vigulluci's favorite dish) and my wife orders the Spaghetti alla Vongole. The only downside is no room left for desserts. Although their tirimisu was excellent, especially if served complimentary for a birthday or anniversary.

Some other tips. If you have a favorite wine, then bring it. The corkage fee is moderate and you really get to enjoy your favorite vintage plus look like a local Carlsbad resident and envious of other diners. There is even a local wine bar next door. If you have a handicap person, then they will accomodate in the seating arrangement. If the weather is decent, then there are some sidewalk tables with heaters, just like in Italy..............I think they even allow well-behaving dogs in the corner tables to enjoy the outdoor ambience.

1 Thank altosax2011