New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Fresh and tasty italian food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vigilucci's Cucina

Vigilucci's Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 326 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carlsbad Village Dr.
Vancouver, Canada
“Fresh and tasty italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived about 8pm on Sunday evening and were warmly greeted. We ordered salads and pasta. Insalata mista and caesar were delicious and the lasagna was one of the best we have tasted - delicate flavour with fresh homemade noodles. Service was excellent.

Bend, Oregon
“Food remains good but service is slipping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I gave it a great review last year but this year I had to take it down a notch due to poor service. We had to wait a long time for the waiter. He seemed more intent on getting tables their checks than waiting on new tables. My wife prefers butter for her bread instead of the oil and we had to ask three times to get some. The food was still very good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
OFallon
“Excellent pasta, service uneven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I was seated in back dark area although place was empty; couple after me were given a lovely window seat, and received much better service. I was not told lunch specials. My pasta - excellent, well seasoned succulent rock shrimp & garlic spaghetti - was outstanding but the bread & dipping oil came after I was halfway through my meal. Too bad as the bread was very good: moist with a nice crust, and just right for enjoying the fine olive oil.
I also ordered the Italian lemon tart which was not very good. The lemon cream was bland with no lemon flavor that I could discern although it was very attractive. It almost tasted a bit stale.
Good place for a business lunch. I doubt if I will return as I was underwhelmed with my welcome here.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice For Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good service. Nice atmosphere. Food was good and portions plentiful. We really liked the vegetable role that came with dinner. Also, yummy bread.

Visited January 2013
Meridian, Idaho
“A Wonderful, Casual Trattoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a wonderful, casual Italian restaurant with delicious food, homemade pasta and very attentive service. There are several sidewalk tables for people watching. My nephew, his wife and I arrived for a late lunch. The main dining room had only two other occupied tables; one table of 12 and another of 6. Nevertheless, the two waiters took great pains to see that each table was well served in a polite and professional manner.

My nephew ordered Spaghetti ai Gamberetti, which was heaped with shrimp and enjoyed immensely. His wife and I had the Capellini alla Checca. The angel hair pasta was al dente and the tomatoes were fresh and sweet. Each of the three dishes were prepared after we ordered and were served piping hot. The Italian bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar served as a delicious appetizer while we waited for our entrées. Each waiter returned to our table to check on our order and to ensure that it was to our liking. Both were polite and courteous. They enjoyed my Italian and were surprised by my Tuscan accent. I had learned Italian at school in Florence several years in the past.

The check was brought only when we asked for it, as us customary in Europe, and our luncheon was very moderate in cost. Each of the waiters thanked us with big smiles as we left their restaurant. We will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2012