“Old school excellence”
Review of Vigilucci's Cucina

Vigilucci's Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 348 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carlsbad Village Dr.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Tired of "Nuvo Italo" food places...glitzy and overpriced with dishes you can't recognize? Then if so, come here. From the moment you are greeted by more than likely authentic Italian, you will enjoy what will be your night. The food is flavorful basic Italian, with specials and good soups. Service is not just good, it's enjoyable, and you will find a friend in your waiter. Some write its pricey, but I don't believe so. Your in Carlsbad, it's not cheap in any decent restaurant , and the wine list I believe is very fair. I often judge a place by that. But your food will be plentiful but not over served, and you will eat it all. This is a favorite stop when we are here, and it still doesn't dissapoint. You will have a relaxed and comfortable evening among friends.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We met our daughter and 3 grandkids for early dinner on a Sunday evening. Food was good, excellant service. A little pricey, but that's the economy Mr. Obama !

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On a trip to Carlsbad recently I had the pleasure of dining at Vigilucci's Cucina. Best Italian food I have eaten in a long time. Waiter was very friendly and sharp. Restaurant was busy but service was top notch and quick. I've eaten out a lot over the years and Vigilucci's is close to the top of my list of best places to dine.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My companion loves the salads here. I always get the Lasagna which I think is terrific. Atmosphere, servers and cleanliness make this a great stop on the way to San Diego.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A lovely little restaurant in Carlsbad Village. What i was really impressed with was that they also served all the pasta choices as wheat free options as well - the first time that i have eaten pasta out in a restaurant for about 10 years! amazing!!

Been to Vigilucci's Cucina? Share your experiences!