“Cool Pub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Karl Strauss's is located in the parking lot of the Pacific Palisades resort. Very smart location indeed as it services all the business people for lunch.This is some real good comfort food.They are known for their Mac and Cheese and my friends thought it was as good as what they make at home. I had the brick chicken with black beans and I would order it again as it was nice as spicy. The beer selection is their draw and so my friend who drinks Miller Light tried one at the suggestion of the waiter and he was happy.I liked the large fun menu. Overall this is a fun spot that I would return too.

1  Thank PeggyChism
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Fun for the family in a large active restaurant. Great beer selection and plenty of choices of foods to pair. Attentive service, tasty food and good beer all add up to a place we'll return to.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Four of us had just arrived in town and decided to give the place a try as we were driving by on our way to our hotel. They were extremely busy but we were able to get a table in the bar area. We tied a couple of the beers bot were not terribly impressed. Our food was average to a little above average. I felt my fish and chips was a little too oily. The rest of our party seemed to enjoy their meals more than I did.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went here with my 4 yr old after a day at Lego Land. This place is minutes away (5). The beer was great and the atmosphere also. I usually eat very healthy, but ordered the normal mac and cheese..it was excellent. Portion could of been a little bigger, but glad it was not. My 4 yr old got chicken fingers a fries, it was a very good size. I will definitely come back!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently ate here on a business trip. Although very crowded, the service was excellent. The food was average, with the burger being very good. A good place to stop for a casual meal.