“Service Impeccable and Food Very Good”

Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 339 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Orange
“Service Impeccable and Food Very Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came in for a light snack and a beer, what we got was awesome service and better than expected food. The bartender was our waitress and I wondered how that was going to work but we were so pleased with her (Julie's) excellent service that I would recommend sitting in the bar with her and skipping the restaurant. We sat right next to the windows that led to the patio and it was a beautiful 80' and it was fun to watch all the customers with their pooches. Julie made recommendations that were spot on and went above and beyond in giving us beer samples to go with our dishes that we would have never chosen but were delicious. Please look her up and mention this review, you won't be disappointed!

Visited January 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The beer was awesome and free samples. Food was served hot and tasted fresh. Needed more seasoning for my taste but still good. Wait stuff was great and very attentive. The place gets packed in the evening. Next door to Grand Pacific Palasides Hotel

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Best Cioppino.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Two weeks ago my wife and I went here for Saturday lunch and wound up ordering dinner size portions. She had some weird holiday girl beer :-( that had a featured meal to go with it. A roast lamb with mashed sweet potatoes I knew she couldn't resist. That opened up my opportunity for what turned out to be the best Cioppino I have had in California. I have been disappointed more often than pleased by Cioppino's. Forget the rest, this brewery restaurant had a stupendous Cioppino. I've been there many times for lunch and everything is good, but this topped everything else I've had there.
Longing for a great Cioppino? This is the one.

• Visited January 2013
“Favorite place to grab a beer and dinner”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love coming to Karl Strauss for a unique beer selection from their brewery, and their food is yummy, but pretty heavy in general. So many Mac and Cheeses to choose from! The bar is great to sit at to catch a game too.

Philly suburbs
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Palisades and dropped by for happy hour. Very up beat and lively. The beer flights, 4 samples to start, where 2 oz each and the waitress then came by again with two more shots of beer to try. The happy hour menu included food, calamari, hot wings and chili lime fries. All were good and tasty bar food. So enjoy.

Visited January 2013