“Best Italian Food in San Diego County”

Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 355 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tamarack Ave.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've eaten at all the Vigilucci's Restaurants in San Diego, and even though they are all great, the one in Carlsbad was just slightly more impressive. I was really impressed that they waited for my husband to try his steak to make sure it was cooked exactly as he ordered it, and it was. The atmosphere is elegant, but friendly, and they acted like it was important that we were there. It's not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great spot for lunch, cocktails or dinner overlooking the ocean from EVERY table. The wait staff and everyone you see at this location is a pleasure. The food I would rate at 3 star at best. Some of the appetizers are great but the dinner meals are just not up to par. The cocktails and views as I said before are what this place is all about.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been here five times and had one good meal. Our first three visits were not good. On the fourth, we were treated by our stock broker and had a great meal. We then decided to go back for our anniversary and it was a disaster. My steak was mediocre and my wife's risotto was like glue. Over priced and noisy.

1  Thank Tradester
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We made reservations for valentines day and showed up a little early but we were seated immediately regardless. The energy and feel of the room was warm and cozy. The smell in the air was of parmesan cheese, marinara and alfredo. The pricing is a little above average but the portions are large and they do not disappoint when it comes to taste. I had a thick juicy steak and my gf had a large dish with a variety of Seafood. When I say the experience was almost perfect I am referring to the server not being very attentive... I understand that it was a busy night for them but it took long time to try to flag him down at times and he apologized for the inconvenience. I recommend you go here if you are in the area and have a craving for steak.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had dinner on a Saturday evening at Vigilucci's and it was wonderful! We ordered a bottle of wine that was extremely good at a very reasonable price. We decided to share a Caesar's Salad as the server said it was quite large. It was perfect...and beautifully served. I ordered a pasta dish with mushrooms and scallops. It was delicious. I could only eat about half of it, it was so rich. The pasta was homemade and scallops were cooked to perfection. We sat outside even though the evening was cool - the heat lamps worked like a charm. Our server was beyond excellent. I loved that she was Italian and even spoke the language. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and helped us with all of our questions. This place is a winner. I highly recommend it!