“Best Irish Food since Ireland” 5 of 5 bubbles

O'Sullivans Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 335 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ventura County, CA
“Best Irish Food since Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went to Ireland 16 years ago. I love trying out Irish restaurants to hopefully remember that trip. I've since dined at Irish restaurants across the US. We ordered the Shepherd's Pie and the Corned Beef Boxty. Both were perfect and much better than we expected. The Boxty is fantastic- though I asked for the cream sauce on the side. Without the cream sauce, each bite was amazingly flavorful. I was really surprised at how great the meal was. (And we weren't drunk...which I know can enhance the flavor of food from good to excellent. In this case, my opinion is not biased by drinks!) Also, the portions were huge, as we also noticed from the others served around us.

Of note, the beer, whiskey, and scotch selections are great. There was a live musician that started at 9pm, and he was just as good as the food. Great place. We will return.

• Visited October 2013

Carlsbad, California
“Sliding downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years and while the beer selection is still great and the service is good the food has REALLY gone down hill. I went for pub quiz and had the nachos that -no joke- literally made me ill. I went back on a thursday to grab a burger, they used to have one of the best burgers in carlsbad. Not anymore. The meat was clearly just some thawed patty and was still cold! The chicken tenders we ordered were literally dripping oil. The food quality over the last year in particular has just continued to decline and it's really sad. They used to have great food. I don't know whats going on. I will still go for the drinks and the service but I will never eat there again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SusieQ_C
Carlsbad, California
“Sunday afternoon hidden secret!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The minute you see the exterior and then the interior of this place, you know you are stepping into an authentic Irish pub! The staff is friendly, some with heavy Irish accents, and the food brings you back to the pubs in Ireland. Check out their calendar of upcoming events for the many bands, etc., but definitely stop by on Sunday for the little known, unadvertised treat that awaits you in the round room off of the entry. Local musicians gather there on Sundays around 5:00 pm to play all tunes IRISH (guitars, violin, concertina, banjo, flute?). Go around to the bar, grab a pint, order a banger and grilled onions on a bun and enjoy!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oceanside
“went for the beer, stayed for the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

and was surprised. the bar snax are good and the food was exceptionally good. the servers are all friendly and helpful

Visited July 2013
Fort Mohave, Arizona
“Nice place and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I stopped there for lunch while I was visiting in California. I had the full Irish breakfast and he had the fish & chips. My Irish breakfsat was very good!! Banger, potatoes, black & white pudding, eggs, beans, tomatoes and soda bread. I could hardly eat it all!! My friend said it was some of the best fish & chips he'd ever eaten! The bartender was originally from Ireland and she was very nice! Enjoyed our conversation with her. Good craft beers too. Would return next time I'm over there!!

• Visited June 2013