“Excellent service and security awareness”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Maui, Hawaii
“Excellent service and security awareness”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

During my recent stay I did encounter a few challenges. The staff members Karen and Amber were exceptional in handling the glitches with my room type and amenities. They were exceptional
In working together to make things right. Upon my departure the fire alarms were going off and the
fire department had arrived. Some guests were concerned and again these staff members handled
It in a calm and professional manner to ensure each guests safety. This hotel is really nice and in a great location. I hope to return soon!!

Room Tip: I saw a few different rooms and they were all very nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the review.Also, thank you for understanding that there are always minor glitches that can occur upon opening and for keeping patience during the time when the fire alarms went off.

We are extremely lucky and pleased to have Karen and Amber among our team.

We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Gabrielle took such good care if my every need in a friendly and professional manner. Printed off specific directions, assigned me to an executive king instead of doubles, acknowledged me as a platinum guest, arranged late check out. Welcomed my visiting local family as they wanted to see me before I left. All with a smile. Oh yes, I lost my key twice. No problem.

• Stayed September 2013
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words....We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I have relayed your kind comments to Gabrielle and she is very thankful.

Thank you again and we hope to see you next time your are in Carlsbad!
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a trip to Lego Land. Great area, walk to the beach and shopping. Great happy hour at the Benehanas next door. We were the first ones to stay in their new rooms and it was very well done. Would recommend it to anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We hope to see you next time you visit Carlsbad!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A few glitches aside (this is a brand new hotel), this is an excellent place to stay. The staff is excellent...friendly, helpful, etc. Location is great, just off I5, with nearby shopping and restaurants. Good pricing too!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your valued response and feedback. Also, thank you for understanding that with the opening of a new property, there are some small items to iron out, which we are diligently working on resolving.

Nonetheless, I am pleased that you and your traveling party enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next time you visit Carlsbad.
Travelers also viewed these Carlsbad hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
#29 of 36 in Carlsbad
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach? Share your experiences!