“Good Home Cooking”

Armenian Cafe
Cuisines: Armenian, Greek, Lebanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indoor & Outdoor Ocean View Dining - Heated Outdoor Patios - Live Entertainment And Belly Dancing On The Weekends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went for lunch after recommendation from friends. Great location across from beach. Sat outside and people watched was nice. Me and my partner had pita wraps , me the baba ganoush pita delicious, him the lamb said it was very tender and marinated to perfection. Would come back next time for dinner. Highly recommend if you like Mediterranean food.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Dined here recently with family, and had courteous service. We sat on the outdoor deck on a gorgeous spring day, enjoying the people-watching and views of the ocean. Huge, varied menu to choose from. Drinks were brought promptly. It did take about 30 minutes for our food to appear, but everything was cooked to order. I had spanikopita (spinach-cheese pie) and rice pilaf, and both were cooked well enough to thrill my Greek mother-in-law. Seasoning was perfect, and the rice was tender and flavorful while staying delicate. It was like eating in a Greek island cafe, with the outdoor patio and leisurely dining experience. The cheesecake for desert was wonderful and large enough to share. The menu definitely has something for anyone who wants Middle Eastern, Greek, or related ethnic cuisine. The breakfast items are also spectacular and very tasty, as I observed, as some of my family had brunch and some of us enjoyed an early lunch. Bring a big appetite, as portions are generous and priced fairly.

Armeniancafe, Owner at Armenian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my cafe and for all the compliments. We love to see people enjoy their time dining with us and share their experiences with the world. Thank you again. We look forward to see you again very soon. Eddy, Owner

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have eaten at a thousand places in LA and SD and have NEVER felt compelled to write a negative review. Most places have SOMETHING remediable that will allow a normal person to excuse poor performance...this place fails...across the board...and COMPELS you to comment. We live two blocks down the road. We had never gone. We had heard/read positive reviews so we placed an order for take out. The wait was too long especially for a place that was completely empty (there was one table of 6 people). I LOVE food and have no issue paying for it but the quality versus price here was incredibly skewed. Mind you, a kebab was only $16 (which is not a significant amount) but for the quality (most of all) and quantity (secondarily) it was a waste. I THINK they think they can overcharge because of location, but they are a small converted house across the street from an apartment complex that is on the coast. The view is: a road and an apartment building. Dini's down the street has a better view (food is also blah) and Vigilucci's has the better view and better food. I expressed my disappointment, they were unconcerned. Their only comment was, "Is this the first time you have ordered from us?" as if my expectation of quality were the issue and not their product or service.

I am editing this. Here is the thing that REALLY bothers me. They were SO dismissive...they really didn't care. My questioning of their product/service was met with a "we have been here for 25 years" as if that somehow excused what they were doing. I don't care how long you have been around or how you have exploited your location...I care about the food and the service.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here every time I visit my dad in Carlsbad and I adore it every time. We usually go for breakfast and veggie omelette is to die for not to mention their amazing cottage fries. The very best thing on the menu is the warm cheesecake that they make from scratch to order... You'll be obsessed with this place if you try it

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a place I like to eat because it is consistent. The food and service are good and I love the location with the sidewalk deck and the ocean view.