“Ocean view, awesome service, and flavorful food!”
Review of Armenian Cafe - CLOSED

Armenian Cafe
Cuisines: Armenian, Greek, Lebanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indoor & Outdoor Ocean View Dining - Heated Outdoor Patios - Live Entertainment And Belly Dancing On The Weekends
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

An easy walk from the beach in carlsbad. Menu is extensive but the individual pizza hit the mark for us. Try the special garlic sauce. Three different pizzas and each one was great. I especially liked the deluxe. And try the Armenian lager. It's like Corona but more flavor. Great service on their deck for lunch.

3  Thank WestMichiganTraveler
There are newer reviews for Armenian Cafe

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I were on a short vacation in Carlsbad, CA and happened upon The Armenian Cafe. We both had the Lamb Shish kabob platter (a 5 course meal for $18.95). Every mouthful was more delicious than the one before. The lamb was absolutely incredible. We liked everything so much....including our served Monica that we didn't want to risk being disappointed elsewhere, so we had the same meal two nights in a row...and everything was just as good the second time around. We wholeheartedly recommend The Armenian Cafe.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has prime location, great service and SO-SO everything else.

Menu is very appealing and well written. It offers tons of options of traditional American meals (i.e. eggs, sandwiches, waffles, etc.) and great selection of Armenian and Greek/Mediterranean meals.

It was a warm summer day but despite the heat i wanted to tray few things...so, I went for the CHICKEN SHISH KEBAB platter which came with lemon soup, Armenian salad, kebab and rice. Soup was too thick and maybe more suited for a cold winter day in Ohio, salad was less than average, chicken was tasty and nicely marinated, unfortunately i got only 4 small pieces (each piece equals a bite for most men, or two for the lady like eaters). There was enough rice to fill you up, but for $13.95 i expected more meat, less onions and rice.

Most upsetting was their wine serving... $8.95 for a glass of decent Lebanese sauvignon blanc, but the glass was very small and half full or half emtpy... whichever way you call it, way too obvious how they make their money, basically each sip of wine cost me almost $2, and each bite of chicken $3.

Service was great.

Overall feel of the restaurant was very average (i.e. ugly dated green vinyl table cloths, ugly dated white plates, very light and cheep cutlery, wine glasses obviously from a 99 cent stores...).

You get the picture. Don't recommend.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was the best lamb kabob I have ever had. The service was outstanding, from the host who sat us, to the waitress that took care of us and the dancer who created a fan in a four year old boy for life! He is already asking can he return to dance with "the lady" Our waitress recommended new things to try and even gave us samples. A great dinner experience that I look forward to repeating someday when I return to Carlsbad.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

First, the wait staff was awesome and very helpful. We went for dinner and we were disappointed that we could not order a gyros unless it was in a platter (which is grossly over priced at $14.95 with a few skimpy pieces of meat and a huge helping of tasteless rice and bland salad.) I ordered a falafel pizza and asked for the garlic sauce - it was left off. Luckily, the waitress noticed and brought me some. I also asked for no cheese and there was cheese on it! Very disappointing. I really wanted to like this place but I just feel like I got ripped off. I don't understand all the positive reviews.

1  Thank mmrbci