“Our choice for Gyro sandwiches” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Armenian Cafe - CLOSED

Armenian Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: INDOOR & OUTDOOR OCEAN VIEW DINING - HEATED OUTDOOR PATIOS - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND BELLY DANCING ON THE WEEKENDS
San Clemente, California
“Our choice for Gyro sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I live in San Clemente, but stop in at The Armenian Cafe whenever we are near Carlsbad. I have been enjoying lunches on the deck (and inside when weather requires) for many years. The food is always terrific and the view of the ocean is a wonderful bonus!

• Visited February 2013

Fairfax, Virginia
“Superb waffles and super large breakfasts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

All egg breakfasts are three eggs with all the trimmings! We had the Belgium waffles which were very tasty...I'm not usually a waffle eater so I was impressed! I don't use Maple syrup but it was hot. I had just butter (lots of it, asked for extra) and raw sugar on mine and yum! Bridgette was terrific and seemed to work all the time! Hours are from early am to 1400 hrs then reopens at 1630 for evening meals. Mediterranean and Armenian cuisine. Belly dancers Friday and Saturday evenings. Can't vouch for the lunch/evening meals since only had breakfast here. But others on the porch did and each looked really good! The interior was pretty dark during the day but obviously more lighted at nite since we would see the dancers as we walked by! Coffee and iced tea to go in the late mornings was really good!

Visited February 2013
Santa Clara, California
“Greeko-Mediteranian breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I got introduced to Armenian Cafe with a coupon of Champagne Breakfast for 2. I was impressed with their cuisine diversity, location and the menu offered. My wife and I had a lazy Sunday morning and drove upto Carlsbad from San Diego for this Champagne Breakfast. The hotel situated close to the beach gives a good feel when you sit outside.
They had vegetarian items on the menu and we had grilled omlettes and falafal. Tahini which accompanied Falafal was yummy. There is an extensive collection of food from the geography of Greece all the way through Central Asia till the far east Mediteranian. The Pita bread offered was soft and yummy. The Cottage Cheese was a twist to the tongue. Champagne was lovely too. We couldnt finish the plate but I stuffed up so much I didnt even feel hungry for dinner... :)
With a very friendly service they have captured us and would go again even without any coupons. You ring the bell to show you liked Armenian Cafe.

• Visited February 2013
Carlsbad, CA
“Champagne Breakfast For 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Purchased a Groupon Deal for Champagne Breakfast for 2 and it was great! They gave us a choice of just about anything on their breakfast menu, which is fairly extensive. Coupled with 2 glasses of champagne, a warm enough day to sit outside on the patio, an excellent and attentive waitress, and a water bowl for our dog which we took with. Great experience.....will do it again.

• Visited January 2013
OFallon
“Mediterranean food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant has been a local favorite for years. Staff is very helpful, menu huge with terrific breakfasts as well as outstanding Armenian & Greek dishes. Eat outside on the nice patio to really enjoy your meal.
Service is leisurely; I find that a plus. You will never be rushed here and once you have had a meal at the Armenian Cafe you will be back often.