I have to say that this hotel is the best I've seen for little kids. They have so many neat details that make it fun for them; a lot of creativity and thought went into it.
- a safe in the room that can only be unlocked after they solve questions by looking around the hotel (like "how many Lego waiters are in the restaurant", or "how many picture frames are on the wall by the elevator"), and once they open the safe, there are chocolate gold coins and a Lego mini-figure for each child;
- a door peephole at eye-level for a child so they can look out;
- disco ball and music in the elevator, but only while the door is closed, so it's like your own little secret party;
- Lego worker statues on the roof where the A/C unit is, as if they're fixing it (that was particularly neat and 'going the extra mile' in my opinion; few places bother to spruce such things up like the roof equipment)
- a separate area in the room with bunkbeds for the kids;
- Lego figures that greet you when you arrive on your floor (they're just statues, they don't move)
- theme rooms on each floor (1st floor=dragons/knights, 2nd floor=pirates, 3rd floor=Indiana Jones adventurer)
- kid activities in the lobby in the evening;
- a moat full of Legos in the lobby to build with.
It's *so* much better than, say, Disneyland hotel. That one is fun because you can take the monorail into the park, but the hotel itself is pretty blah for kids compared to Legoland Hotel. It's the only hotel I've ever seen that was so optimized for kids, and done well.
The hotel's cafeteria-style restaurant is good because it has lots of healthy options, like roasted broccoli, but it is kind of expensive.
The pool is nice and slopes gradually from the edge so little kids can walk in, but it is a bit cold.
- no jacuzzi--not sure why not?
- hotel is expensive, especially in the summer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You've always wanted to spend the night at LEGOLAND. Now you can. Treat your family to the ultimate LEGO(R) experience - a day at LEGOLAND(R) California Resort and a night at the LEGOLAND Hotel! From the moment you arrive at the spectacular dragon-guarded entrance, you'll be delighted by interactive LEGO features, themed play areas, family pool and kid's entertainment! Located right at the main entrance of LEGOLAND California, a stay at our LEGO themed hotel will turn a day you'll always remember into a night you'll never forget! All guest rooms are LEGO themed in Pirate, Kingdom, Adventure,LEGO Friends and new this spring, LEGO NINJAGO. Rooms include two separate sleeping areas, with a king-size bed for grown-ups, and a separate area for up to three little ones, complete with a bunk bed, pull-out trundle bed and their very own TV! As a special privilege, LEGOLAND Hotel guests will get entry to select LEGOLAND rides and attractions before the Park officially opens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick so you can book your LEGOLAND California Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.