We celebrated my son's 5th birthday here last week and had a wonderful time. The rooms and public facilities were impressively clean, and we really appreciated all the little thoughtful details (e.g. a second, lower peephole on the door for the kids; the little wooden stool in the bathroom for the little ones to more easily reach the sink). Some tips/advice:
- Do take the time to do the scavenger hunt to get the code to open the safe in the room that contain "treasure" (Lego figures and magazines; ours was actually empty but that was quickly remedied).
- Remember that hotel guests can enter the park earlier (a much smoother, less hectic process than Disneyland, by the way) but only certain rides are running so make sure you check the flier they hand you at check-in.
- Park/hotel employees often have Lego figures on their name tags that you can ask to trade. A friend who had been to the park before gave us a heads-up so we came prepared with extra figures from home. My son was shy at first but soon couldn't get enough of these transactions once he realized that he could upgrade his farmer to a pirate captain, for example.
- There are three types of themed rooms: Kingdom, Adventure, and Pirate. Each floor hosts a different theme (e.g. we were in the Kingdom room on the first floor) so if you have a preference on which floor you want to stay in, make sure you choose appropriately.
- Even if you're on the first floor, make sure to ride the elevator at least once. As soon as the door closes, the disco ball is illuminated and the music changes to a more lively tune. The kids automatically broke into a dance and had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You've always wanted to spend the night at LEGOLAND. Now you can. Treat your family to the ultimate LEGO(R) experience - a day at LEGOLAND(R) California Resort and a night at the LEGOLAND Hotel! From the moment you arrive at the spectacular dragon-guarded entrance, you'll be delighted by interactive LEGO features, themed play areas, family pool and kid's entertainment! Located right at the main entrance of LEGOLAND California, a stay at our LEGO themed hotel will turn a day you'll always remember into a night you'll never forget! All guest rooms are LEGO themed in Pirate, Kingdom, Adventure,LEGO Friends and new this spring, LEGO NINJAGO. Rooms include two separate sleeping areas, with a king-size bed for grown-ups, and a separate area for up to three little ones, complete with a bunk bed, pull-out trundle bed and their very own TV! As a special privilege, LEGOLAND Hotel guests will get entry to select LEGOLAND rides and attractions before the Park officially opens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TravelClick so you can book your LEGOLAND California Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.