“Nice place to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #12 of 335 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paradise, California
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My daughter took us there for lunch, it was good food. The wait staff was very good, great with the kids. We enjoyed the food, liked the decor inside. Would eat there again when we go to visit.

• Visited October 2012

Encinitas, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good atmosphere, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would go here again for chips and salsa in the bar. But not for dinner. The food is not authentic.
Mediocre at best. Nice atmosphere and vibe. [Formerly a Marie Callender's.]

• Visited June 2012
Long Beach, California
“I'm a fan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I went was craving some Mexican food and decided to pay Miguel's a vist instead of going to Old Town San Diego. The food was a little bland, the pomegranate margarita was also a little bland. However, the reason for giving them 4 stars is because I asked the manager prior to being seated to sing "Happy Birthday" to my 4 yr. old daughter and he and his staff did it with very well. When I asked my daughter what was the best part of her birthday, she said "when the people singed Happy Birthday to me..."

Back to the food...the portions were plentiful and the best part of our meal was the chips, salsa, and cheesy jalapeño sauce we received before our food had arrived. I’m a fan!

Carlsbad, California
“Another nice Mexican place in North San Diego County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a group of sixteen for dinner. The service was prompt, professional, courteous and friendly. Miguel's is fairly new to Carlsbad, just opening a couple of months ago. The menu is about what you'd expect for a Southern California Mexican Restaurant. Miguel's is a part of the Brigantine Group. We had tacos, enchiladas, chile rellenos, tamales, etc. The waiter got the drinks rapidly and took the orders very efficiently. The food arrived very quickly, especially considering the size of the group. Overall it was very good and we heard nothing but positive comments on it. A welcome addition to the Carlsbad dining scene.

Carlsbad, CA
“Nice ambiance, food is average Mexican food and drinks are over priced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the look of this new restaurant, but the food didn't wow me. The corn tortillas are made fresh but for the beef taco, the shell was over fried and hard to bite into. The beans are so so and the rice was ok. The enchilada cheese wasn't anything great nor was the sauce. The mojito is made with tonic water not sprite and the sweetener is powdered sugar, which has corn syrup in it. I guess this is their easy way out of having to muddle the mint and regular sugar. For $8.00 I had to send it back as it was sour. Then I found out how they made it. I wouldn't go back as I wasn't impressed with the food by any means, and by the way all margaritas are $10.00, that is just crazy.