“Calling all LOCALS!”

Chandler's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Chandler's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 365 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a fantastic place for happy hour. Sit outside on the patio with your friends and enjoy a hot fire and gorgeous sunset. They have a great drink and appetizer menu. We had the cheese plate and the hummus plate - both were fantastic! We haven't tried dinner, but the plates looked delicious. Normally we wouldn't even consider going to a resort/hotel for happy hour, but a friend recommended this and Chandler's didn't disappoint! The ONLY negative was that the server was extremely slow and we had to practically track her down to order more drinks or pay our tab.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a surprise to have great service and food at the Hilton Carlsbad Resort. Bartenders were super and food was great. Good views of the sunset over the ocean as well.
Defintely recommend for happy hour(s).

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I read one of the reviews from one of the less than satisfied customers.
Frankly I think he had forgotten where he was eating.
During all my travels and with all the hotels of all grades I stay in Chandler's is by far the best food I have eaten.
The menu is exceptional and quite varied. The beef(try the blue cheese crusted beef tenderloin) , seafood, veal small dish item and absolutely melts in your mouth) , salads (try the roasted beet salad) are prepared with the finest of ingrediants and flavors that jump off the plate.
They have their own dessert chef, the bar atmosphere is great for all types of groups and especially welcoming to the solitary traveler waiting for that next meeting.
Hope you get from this I have been here a number of times and have never been disappointed.
As for service the bartenders are second to none. Dan and Marc are great and really make you feel at home. Food servers were equally great.
Just wish I lived in the area so I could be there for every happy hour.
Try for a reservation at sunset and sit at the windows. The view is one to remember.
If traveling to Carlsbad don't miss eating here even if not staying on property.
Actually you should also stay as it is the best hotel/resort in the area.
I don't over do the praise often but Chandler's is really that good.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We're Carlsbad residents, but it was our first time there last night. The atmosphere in the bar is outstanding--well-designed and very classy! Three of us sat at the bar and were served by Dan. I asked his recommendation for their best non-super-sweet drink. He recommended the Citrus Harvest. I took his suggestion and was immediately hit by its awesome aroma. It was SO yummy!!! I wasn't let down, either, by the drink itself.. Light and citrusy, with a nice amount of sweetness--it's my new favorite cocktail! Job well-done, Dan. He was very personable, too! We'll be back.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our Lunch was very good with outstanding service. You can easily get in and out in an hour which is a plus for business lunches. I had the chicken salad which was made with roasted chicken which was very good. I would order the same thing again! I look forward to my next experience.