1,703 results
All reviews across the street chandlers restaurant ocean view fire pit pool area self parking beautiful hotel resort fee an upgrade beach access nice pool shuttle service san diego short drive family vacation spa balcony
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made a reservations for a weekend getaway and Sarah at the desk went above and beyond for every request. After we extended our stay because we were having such a great weekend, she called after the fact to make sure we did not need anything else doing our stay. We also had drinks and dinner at the restaurant, very friendly and affordable. Great service and a great hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Carlsbad_Hilton, General Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are thrilled to read your review and your kind words for Sarah! We will be sure to share them with her. Thank you so much for this 5-star review -- so happy to hear that you extended your stay because you were having such a wonderful time! Can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Quiet place, nice view, good room, clean and spacious. Comfortable Beds and Pillow.
Delicious breakfast.

Not very crowded during our 2 nights stay . No stores nearby, we took Uber to the nearest Target.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We are locals but have stayed here a few times for special occasions. We've dined at Chandler's (on site restaurant) multiple times and taken friends from out of town. Amazing views and sunsets! The waitstaff are sticky sweet.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed February 11, 2019

The valet broke my inside door handle off, never told me. I found this after my 2 hour ride home when I went to get out of my car and it was missing. It was thrown into my door. I called the hotel back and spoke to the man who checked me out. He told me he would file a claim and i should be receiving a call this week. I asked who I could speak to about getting a refund for parking and he told me that wasnt an option. I told him when you come to a nice area and pay $200 for a room, you expect things like this not to happen. I asked if this is why i was charged $24 for self parking instead of $29 for the valet services i used. He said he was just being nice and that i seemed to be in a “rush” which was an absolute lie. I don’t believe i should have been charged for parking after a valet knowing broke my door handle and chose not to speak up. I will never recommend this hotel to anybody due to the fact it was dishonest and the man wasn’t the most helpful and kind on the phone. I felt he was insulting when he was talking to me like as if he wasnt beliving me or trying to shift the blame.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with great cuisine (Chandlers Restaurant) Everyone from the valet to front desk and restaurant servers are very nice. Rooms are super clean and spacious. The bathroom is very luxurious and there’s a microwave and small freezer.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Carlsbad_Hilton, General Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review and wonderful feedback on our staff and onsite restaurant. We are thrilled you enjoyed your room and look forward to your return to Cape Rey!