1,667 results
All reviews across the street chandlers restaurant ocean view fire pit pool area self parking beautiful hotel resort fee an upgrade beach access nice pool shuttle service san diego short drive family vacation spa balcony
Reviewed October 11, 2016

The view was amazing. The patio was great. Food was wonderful. Bar atmosphere was fun and relaxing at the same time. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We had a great experience at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I was there for a conference but brought my husband and daughter and this hotel is very family friendly as my husband and her had a blast (especially in the pool) while I was in my conference.

Reviewed October 8, 2016

I returned to Cape Rey Hilton for our annual meeting and once again, have nothing but wonderful things to say about the hotel. I loved my room with a patio overlooking the ocean-which is just across the street and all of the staff that I came into contact with were amazing, as they always are. I was a bit surprised to see so many families there, as it does not hit me as a family resort, but then again, that's just me. The food in Chandler's was good, as was room service the one night I ordered in. Perhaps the best thing about the hotel is that it is literally across the street from the Pacific....a beautiful beach. And in the end, that's what I want when I am in Cali for any reason.

Room tip: Rooms in front facing the ocean are the best in my opinion
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CapeRey_Carlsbad, General Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Dear ARKSugarLand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Cape Rey, and for acknowledging our amazing staff. We appreciate your loyalty to our resort and look forward to welcoming you back during your business travel. Sincerely, Thomas Lee

Reviewed October 7, 2016

wanted to stay on the beach for one night on this trip and the Hilton properties are scarce but found Cape Rey. I was very impressed with the entire hotel from the rooms, pool, location and service. A little pricy but very nice so you get what you pay for. The room was great and they took great care of me. I would come back for sure.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view.
Reviewed October 5, 2016

We were in a wedding party staying at the hotel. The groom prearranged early check-in with management and front desk staff didn't check us in until the groom got involved, which shouldn't have happened.

Date of stay: September 2016