“Absolutely fantastic!”

Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Houston, Texas
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm new to trip advisor so this is a little late, but I was so happy with this hotel that I felt the need to write a review anyway! My friend and I stayed at the Hilton in Carlsbad back in May. She and I are both 19 year old girls and this was our first trip without parents so we were a little nervous. The staff at the hotel was great! They made us feel very safe and welcome, they were also extremely helpful helping us transportation and recommending places for us to go. Loved how the location was out of the hustle of San Diego but it did not take long to go to the city when we wanted to. It was also right across the street from the beach and the hotel had a great pool and restaurant. The only complaint I had was that there was no continental breakfast. In the mornings we would order room service for breakfast and the same man brought it to us every day, he was always very polite. The hotel was kept very clean, the rooms were very comfortable, and the shower was huge! We were both very happy with our experience there. Next time I travel to the San Diego area I will definitely stay at the Hilton in Carlsbad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
california, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wrong information at the time of Reservation, extra charges not infomed by the time of reservation. an additional $380 to be able to have the room I had REQUEST BY THE TIME OF RESERVATION, I have no problem of paying that money but I have a big problem when after 2 hours of drive to get to a hotel and talk to hotel manager as none qualified as this gentleman. Good Lock.

1 Thank Razmik A
Ben Lomond, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Based on price alone, this was not our first choice, but our friends were already booked here. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. The pool are is great for families and the fire pits at night (till 11:00) are great for the adults. Again, I'm not accustomed to spending almost $300.00 per night and not even get a complimentary breakfast. For those who travel this way, It's a great hotel.

1 Thank Amy S
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed in double queen ocean view with balcony. We enjoyed having the balcony, there is a street and beach camp ground between the hotel and the water. Beautiful lobby, clean rooms, fire pit & great pool area with friendly hotel staff from valet throughout the property.

Fullerton, California, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4th of July. We payed for a 4 star hotel and while the facilities were really nice, I think we expected more. The location is beautiful and very close to the beach if you are walking, and lots of local restaurants. There were LOTS of families, being close to Legoland. I think because of the price I didn't expect so many families. I also expected a higher level of service for a 4 star hotel. Again, everyone was very nice, but the front desk was slow to answer the phone when we called down, after 8 pm there is no music or energy by the restaurant/pool area, even though the pool is open til 11, and there are plenty of kids out there until it closes. We did meet some great valets, great folks working the pool in the day, and they are very helpful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa B
Liberty, South Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I recently spent 3 nights at the Carlsbad Hilton. I was in Carlsbad with my daughter, son-in-law and their little boys. They were there for a retreat sponsored by his employers and I could not stay at their resort, which was reserved exclusively for immediate families (evidently mothers-in-law aren't!). I wanted a hotel near theirs, that would be safe with parking and a restaurant onsite. The Hilton met those needs, and more! I splurged on an oceanfront room with balcony, and enjoyed room service breakfast overlooking the Pacific every morning. Every meal I had, whether from room service or in the sparkling Chandler's restaurant was great. Room service was perfect, usually arriving in much less than the stated 30 minutes. I didn't have time to enjoy the pool but I could see it was a very nice area...I especially liked the firepit! I also didn't get to try the spa, but I'm sure it is excellent. The whole hotel is lovely, bright and modern.

Everyone was very friendly yet professional. My room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. It is expensive, but I have found that often you get what you are willing to pay for. And for me on this occasion, as a woman staying alone, I was more than happy to do so!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank judyking68
gloversville, ny
Reviewed July 5, 2014

website indicated oceanfront - short walk to beach. It is not what we consider oceanfront, ocean is across a 4 lane highway which takes you to a public camp ground and then a beach. the nicer beach is another 1/2 mile down the road. Parking very expensive

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family