This property lived up to my expectations and beyond. I will definitely stay there again and plan on taking my family next time!
- VERY close to the beach. It is right across highway 1. You literally cross the street and walk down the stairs and you are there
- Sunset views are amazing. You can see them from the pool or if you have a balcony room
- Hotel is very clean, well lit, nice furniture, etc. It is a very comfortable place to be.
- Hotel staff is nice and helpful
- Conveniently located to lots of places like restaurants, mall, beach, Carlsbad village, etc
- Pool area is perfect. Great pool and hot tub, also has chairs by the fire place and close to the bar to get drinks. Towels were always available
- Rooms were quiet. We stayed on the side facing the highway and still slept just fine
- This hotel has the BEST curtains for blocking out light which may not seem like a big deal but is huge to me
- The only reason this is not rated excellent is because of the resort and parking fees. I hate when hotel properties do this. We had pre-payed to get a better rate. When we left, we still had a bill for $34 a day for the parking and resort fees. I'm sure we were told about these when we pre-booked, but still annoying. Just include it in the fees.
That being said, I would still stay here again. It was a great place and we really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the sunny Pacific Coast in Northern San Diego and only 150 steps to the surf, Cape Rey is the adventurous choice for the California traveler who seeks something different and unique. With spectacular views of picturesque South Carlsbad beaches, the resort sits atop the crest of a series of gently rolling berms - a crest we like to call the Cape! At the Cape you are just minutes from LEGOLAND(R)California and the historic Del Mar Race Track, or a short coastal drive to SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo or Safari Park, famous regional wineries, and award-winning craft breweries. For the adventurous types we outfit you for local deep-sea fishing, sailboat cruises, horseback riding, paddle boarding, snorkeling, surfing lessons, and kayak explorations. Foodies enjoy dining on-property at Chandler's, where you'll find familiar favorites prepared with a twist. For connecting rejuvenation with mind, body and soul, we offer one of the top 5 Hotel Spas in the U.S. By Travel & Escape, the Ocean Crest Spa. And with an array of excursion locales and onsite amenities, there's always something to do, see or eat at the Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.