“Cant wait to go back”

Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed November 2, 2012

From the minute we walked into this hotel it oozed quiet luxury . The hotel is brand new and immaculate , and built with a warm style that is very welcoming . I loved the computer lounge area within the lobby and the complimentary coffee and tea in the morning The guest rooms are extremely comfortable ,nicely decorated with an inviting bed made with a top quality duvet , pillows and crisp white sheets. The pool area is magnificent with a large pool, quite unique in shape with a wide slope to enter the pool that you can sit in. The music by the pool made the ambience perfect, it was not too loud and a perfect pitch. There was a mix of families with children and young couples by the pool and it was spacious enough and perfect for us all. I met a few people who were attending a conference in the hotel who said that the conference facilities and ballrooms were superb, with state of the art drop down electronic screens and projectors. I had a spa treatment and was impressed with the tranquil music floating throughout the spa. It really made me relax and enjoy my treatment .
The hotel is a perfect size- large enough to be private but small enough that you don't get lost and have to wait ages for an elevator.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy92603
Scott W, Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mandy92603,

Thank you for touching on many of the nice features of the new Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa. We can't wait for you to come back and visit us again!

Director of Guest Experience

Write a ReviewReviews (1,444)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My fiance and I spent the weekend at this absolutely magnificent hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful led by such a wonderful GM,Bob Moore. We had a fantastic meal at the restaurant, Chandlers and a healthy lunch at the pool. The breakfast buffet was very decadent. It was really nice to hear that each of the areas had great music, including the health club, pool, lobby and restaurant. The guestrooms are stunning, including the quality of the sheets, pillows, and towels. I am a tall guy, and having a walk-in shower above my head with great water pressure was wonderful. I was given a tour of the beautiful meeting rooms and ballroom and made note of very sophisticated A/V systems. We really enjoyed our outings to Encinitas and Carlsbad during our stay. We can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cliff F

Dear Cliff F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa. Like you mentioned, our meeting space is both beautiful and well appointed. With over twenty-three thousand square feet of flexible function space, the resort is a fantastic spot to host your next special event.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort & Spa. The room was beautiful, clean, and it actually had real plants!! My dining experience was also wonderful and the pool/spa were wonderful. I definitely plan on returning to this beautiful hotel - It was so relaxing. :) Linda G

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda G

Dear Linda G,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay at the new Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa. We can't wait to welcome you back as our honored guest again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

i have stayed at many hiltons in so. ca. this hotel was only open 6 weeks and the service was superb. i had a broken foot and the staff when out of their way to help me in every way possible. i actually extended my stay by two days. the ocenview view room was so wonderful to have. i had to spend more time than usual in my beautiful room do to my foot situation. Watching the magnificent sunsets in July from my balcony was breath taking. When i did sit by the pool, the service there was also outstanding. couches with pillows made it extra comfortable. i only live about 45 min away, but i will be spending many nights at this hotel.
rock and roll rita

Room Tip: an oceanfront room is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ROCKANDROLLRITA
Scott W, Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear ROCKANDROLLRITA,

Thank you for your recent stay and the great review! Being only four months old, I am thrilled to see you consider us the best Hilton in Southern California. The team works extremely hard to ensure each of our guests feel like a VIP. We can't wait to welcome you back the next time you make your way to the coast.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

What a great time my wife and I had a this property. From the staff at the front desk to the the pool server, everyone was so personable and ready to make our weekend amazing. The views of the ocean from just about anywhere on the property are absolutely beautiful. We had a corner room and the view of the ocean during the sunset was over the top. We really loved the hotel setup and the cool decorating throughout the property. We will defintely be staying here again.

1  Thank micheal s

Dear Micheal S,

Thank you for the great review of the new Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa. I am glad to see you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I recently spent our anniversary at this property. The room was amazing and the property is just beautiful. Our room over looked the ocean and we had a great balcony that we could relax on and enjoy the beautiful sunset. We had dinner at the Chandlers Restaurant and the staff and food were both well worth it. We will definitely be visiting this property again in the near future.

Room Tip: We had the corner suite on the 2nd floor and the room was very spacious and we did not experience an...
1  Thank micheal s

Dear micheal s,

Happy Anniversary one more time from the team at the new Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa! We are glad we could play a part in creating a memorable special occasion for you and your wife. Until next time....

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a brand new property, very funky, and well laid out. There is something for everyone. As it's quite new, the staff and very eager to help, and they seem to take pride in the hotel. We had a top floor room with an ocean view, and it was great. Very light, bathroom was lovely - hotels really are getting it that we don't need a half-tub with a shower head; put a large walk-in shower, it's roomy and easily accessible. I liked that the in-room coffee machine brewed Lavazza, and that you could use the mini fridge for your drinks exclusively. The view from the room was great. The PCH is between the hotel and the beach, but it hardly disturbed us. There is dedicated access to the beach from the hotel, although down some stairs. There is easier beach access by car at any number of spots along the coast. The pool looked good, and both it and the spa pool had chair winches for those that needed them. I didn't, but was impressed that the hotel really thought about people's special needs. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Some constructive comments, the Sunday Brunch had no veggie options, and no alternative lunch menus. It was a bit limiting, although it did run until 2.30pm which was cool. Also, (and I am being picky here) when I finished my appetizer, the server didn't provide clean silverware, moving my used knife and fork on to the table top and I had to reuse it for my entree. So a bit of table service training probably is needed. The hotel is not very close to Carlsbad itself, it's more South Carlsbad, but the hotel does run a free shuttle anywhere within 10mile radius, so that would work if you wanted to leave your car at the hotel. But we didn't leave the property, and enjoyed relaxing by the pool.

Room Tip: We had booked an Oceanview room, and I requested top floor, which we were also given.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Danielleweigner,

Thank you for your recent stay at the new Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa. Like you mentioned, a lot of thought went into the design of the property and its amenities and we are glad you enjoyed them. Also, thank you for your feedback on your experience in Chandlers. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and offerings and your comments are very valuable. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Carlsbad.