“A very comfortable and convenient hotel”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Atlanta, Georgia
“A very comfortable and convenient hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We spent a week at this hotel while we were looking for a home. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The room was fine, the bed was comfortable and the cooking amenities were ample. If we had any needs, they were quickly met by the staff. The early morning coffee and snack items were fine. The hotel is located just off Interstate 5 making it easy to get to any shopping or attractions. We received our money's worth at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast and the service our staff provided. As well, it is great to read that our hotel's location was convenient for your needs, close to shopping and restaurants nearby.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Sorry, but part of the value is grab and go breakfast. If you say you're open until 9:30am, I better find everything ready to go AT 9:29, 9:27, 9:26, etc. Don't get lazy and tear down at 09:25. That's at least $10 of lost value. And this is systemic. This happened in Phoenix a few times over a 2 month stay as we moved/closed on a house, and it happened this morning at the Sorrento Mesa (San Diego County) location. This is NOT ok. You offer something, STICK TO THE SCHEDULE.

Room Tip: Get a handicap room if you can
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was put away early throughout your stay. In response, I will be training the staff on how to manage their morning schedule better so that this is not an issue moving forward.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Currently laying in bed wide awake... can never sleep in dirty hotel rooms. At first glance the room seemed nice enough... then I went into the restroom and found black hair on the counter. I got over that and put the foot towel down and found another long black hair. I was officially grossed out. Then as we went to go to bed I pulled back the sheets and found several more hairs and crumbs. Eeww! There was still a gum wrapper on the floor next to the bed and a food to go box in the fridge. May want to Re train your housekeepers. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank MrsJessicaL
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I apologize that our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at clb@extendedstay.com
MA
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed there for one night to visit Legoland next day. Hotel was looking like recently renovated. Very neat and clean. Location was also very wondefful, dennys was just outside the door and lot of grocery stores near by. Not too far from Legoland also. Staff was very nice, she was very helpful with any demands like extra blankets/pillows. Room was also very clean and bed was also good. Kitchen is always an advantage with family and kids.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your suite to be clean and comfortable. As well, it is great to read that our staff provided you with such great service and that you liked our hotel's location.

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked the queen bed studio for 3 nights. The property was located off I-5, close to a grocery store, Carlsbad Village,and blocks from the ocean. At check in, front desk clerk, Sarah was very pleasant, friendly and welcoming. Studio had a comfortable queen bed, a desk and a table, two office chairs, pub chair, flat screen TV, spacious closet, drawers, kitchen with full size fridge, 2-burner stove, small sink, microwave and coffee maker. Bathroom had a sink with plenty of storage area. Free wi-if access was reasonable. Even though it was close to I-5, highway noise didn't bother me too much. The room was newly painted with nice, tasteful, neutral colors. Furniture appeared relatively new. Only thing that bothered me was tobacco smell! Even though I stayed on the non-smoking floor. At check out, there was another friendly clerk ( can't recall her. Name). When I mentioned the tobacco smell, she was sincerely concerned and apologetic.
Overall, I enjoyed my short stay there, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the location of our hotel, and the service our staff provided. I'm glad that you found Sarah, especially, to be pleasant, friendly and welcoming.

Ellicott City
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had such a lovely 'Extended Stay.' It began with a warm greeting by the manager and new employee who ensured we were in the appropriate room for our needs. It continued when we went to our first class room with new, comfortable bedding.

The location was perfect -- convenient to the beach, restaurants and shopping. The room was quiet and immaculate. The grab and go breakfast was just what we needed for an early departure ... and those Quaker Oat breakfast bars are delicious.

We may not be forturnate enough to get back to Carlsbad in the near future ... but if we do get a chance we will definitly have another "Extended Stay."

Room Tip: The King bed room was very spacious.
1 Thank Kim M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found your room to be clean, quiet and comfortable during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed at this property a number of times over the years and observed on our recent visit a definite decline in the condition of the rooms, bedding, cleanliness and front desk attentiveness.

Our room was well used and needs refurbishment. Our microwave was basically inoperable, the 'kitchen' sink drained slowly, the counter was nicked in a couple of places and the tub also drained slowly...all signs that the owners are not attentive to maintaining their property. The lighting in the halls is really dingy which I don't remember...maybe they are using lower wattage bulbs (not a good idea in my opinion).

They also have a quaint procedure that I last saw in the most western Chinese province of Xinjiang...you had to ask for toilet paper at the front desk!!!!! Oh, and you had to daily ask for coffee, towels and any other consumables. I understand there is no daily maid service but someone should check each room daily and replenish items of this nature.

I have found over the years that the cleanliness of common spaces is a good indication of overall cleanliness...and this hotels fails. There was the same dirt in the corners of the elevator for the six days we were at the hotel. And the rooms left a lot to be desired...I would hate to think how often the old fashioned bed covers are cleaned.

All in all...our last time staying at this property.

Room Tip: Select a room that does NOT face I-5 which is noisy all the time...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, clb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.