Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were here for a family event in July, and booked several rooms. We had a pleasant, and welcoming check-in experience, but the rooms were a disappointment. It was nice to have a ref rig. and microwave in the room, but rooms were not clean. Room service quickly agreed to change dirty linens, but still, it was less than we expected for the price. Or any price, for that matter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you had pleasant and welcoming check-in experience. However, I want to apologize for the unacceptable cleanliness our your room at check-in. I am glad that the staff was able to accommodate your needs to your satisfaction. I am working with our team on the inspection process to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Excellent choice for a wonderful stay in San Diego. Great location, clean, comfortable, great customer service. Not only fixed every issue but gave a discount without asking!!! Met all our needs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your stay with us very comfortable. As well, it is great to know that you found our property to be so clean. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my second time at Extended Stay in Carlsbad and another great one to boot!
You just cant beat this location. No, its not right on the beach but its an easy walk and for the price that's outstanding. Everything is within walking distance and if you're driving to the hotel and have to means to bring your bikes your golden.
The staff is very friendly and although our stay didn't include maid service (Which I prefer) it was very easy to get fresh towels etc. I ran in to one of the housekeeping staff by the name of Margarita in the hallway. She was quick to bring me some new towels and such. Very friendly.
My wife and I are originally from Carlsbad so I know the area well. We moved 8 years ago and allot has changed since then. One new place that has great taco's is Senior Grubby's on Carlsbad Village Drive just east of the coast highway on the east side. Really tasty! Take a stroll.
So thats my review of Extended Stay! Great place and I'll keep returning and writing good reviews until otherwise!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Carlsbad and were provided great service by Margarita and our hotel staff. As well, I am glad that you found our location to be convenient.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very comfortable suite with a full size refrigerator and stovetop and microwave ... perfect for heating up leftovers or cooking up items you purchased at the nearby grocery store. Sometimes you don't want to eat out. This offers you the option not to.

Room was very clean and comfortable. Bathroom was nice and roomy. Kitchen was clean ... recliner was comfortable when watching tv. I know that sometimes you get a bad room ... that happens in all hotels. This Extended Stay, compared with others I've stayed in was very clean and functional.

A great deal when you're looking for a place to stay that allows you to stock on food and drinks and cook an occasional meal.

Restaurants are all walking distance away. ATM and groceries are closeby. If you want to go shopping, the outlets are just 2 exits down. Great location. I was in a room next to the freeway and when the windows were closed, I barely heard any of the traffic (to my surprise).

Again, great value and a great location.

Room Tip: Obviously if you want a cleaner room, don't get the smoking rooms. The non-smoking rooms are ag...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Oliver - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and comfortable accommodation. As well, I am glad that you found our location to be convenient.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay. Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom clean. Loved the fact that it had a full kitchen, although I did not use more than the fridge and microwave. Stayed for 2 nights and got it at a great price. Great location. Everything within walking distance, grocery store, restaurants and the beach. Definitively a place to consider when visiting the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mari L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Mari - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our service and amenities. As well, I am so glad that you liked our location which is close to other establishments in the area and the beach.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room just does not feel clean, the bath tub was covered with black hair from the previous client ! How gross. I asked that the tub be cleaned but it never happened. The neighborhood that is closest to the hotel is seedy

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank va7runner
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure it is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was not pleased. Felt unsafe-- back and side doors would be left open at all hrs of the night for any one off the streets to wander the hall ways. Rooms would just leave their trash bags in hall ways. Hard to find housekeeping that spoke english. Really sad--- for there is so much in that area, in walking distance to truly enjoy!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Across the street is a motel 6
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Zena - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you felt unsafe due to the side and back doors being left open. As well, I am disheartened that you saw other guests leaving their trash in the hallways. Please accept my apologies for having to deal with these issues. As this hotel's Manager, I will be looking into the comments you made, looking for ways to enhance our safety and hallway cleanliness.

Please contact me, at CLB@extendedstay.com if you would like to speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.