“If you don't like sea food - stay away!”
Review of West Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
West Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Big, clean place with the stinkiest outside I've ever smelt! Looks like all the smokers in North County get together there to smoke before/after dinner! The entrance stank so bad! They should have designated a smoking area somewhere further from the entrance. That was just disgusting!

Went there with my husband and our 5 year old on a Friday night. Price was $15/person before drink and tip! Not sure what the yelpers before me are talking about (some mention $10! Yeah right $10!!!). I think for $17-18 per person I would rather go eat somewhere descent. I know it's all you can eat but I don't go there to pig out and eat myself sick! I go there because of the variety and the luxury to pick a different dish if the first one sucks (which happens very often to me).

With me NOT liking anything that grows in water or has a heat lever more than 0.5 - my choices were VERY limited! I gotta say their beef with broccoli was very good, their fries were excellent, they had some kind of potatoes that were quite tasty and that was about it!

Everything else sucked! Egg dropped soup was tasteless and salty, the wanton soup was salty and tested like wine and pepper! Lo-main was "yeah right!", chicken wings had some weird yellow/orange spice/sauce that made them plain disgusting! VERY limited on the veggies too! The only thing they had was some kind of green grass thingy that I didn't dare try. No green beans, no mushrooms... nothing.

Deserts were just like everywhere else. Some pastries and bunch of canned fruit. They also had flan that I didn't try but my husband said that it barely had any sugar and therefore didn't taste right. I wish they had some fresh fruit, but... nah - too much work for them I guess. Canned is easier!

My husband and little one pigged out on the Sea food and then complained for the next hour and a half that their tummies were hurting. Go figure!

Bathrooms were kinda ok, tucked all the way back in the restaurant. The people working there barely spoke any English. The seater/greeter cared only about placing us in and didn't bother saying "thank you" or even "bye" on the way out. Why should she?! She got our business this time... who cares about next time!

Bottom line - that was the most expensive beef with broccoli dish I've ever had!

If you don't like sea food and can't handle spicy food - don't bother going!
I'm done!

1  Thank Mimi_M_CA
There are newer reviews for West Buffet

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The food is greasy and foul tasting! Way over priced. Keep driving eat anywhere but here!!!! Sushi is ok, but that is it!

1  Thank KBzzzz
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Six family members descended on the West Buffet to celebrate the grandson's 16th birthday. We had a table for eight which gave us room for presents, etc. The West Buffet has all things Asian, including sushi and sashimi, as well as Mongolian Buffet, pizza, roast beef and chicken wings. There's bound to be something for everyone and if you go hungry, it's no one's fault but yours! They have four different types of soup including miso and egg flower and an extensive salad bar. The do have wine and beer available as well as soft drinks, but surprisingly no milk for the kids. This is obviously a kid-friendly place and not to have milk is amazing. In any event we had a enjoyable time and the staff cleared away empty plates in a quick and efficient manner. The sushi and sashimi is good, but not outstanding (about what you'd expect in a buffet). The Peking Duck was a bit dry as was the roast beef, but all in all the food is good and the prices very reasonable.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have a friend who comes to visit and her choice for lunch is always the West Buffet. With a $4.99 price for seniors on Tuesday, you can't go wrong. It does get packed, but the place is so large that we've never had to wait more than 5-8 minutes for a seat. The menu doesn't seem to change on this day, but there are so many choices. Want sushi, Mongolian barbeque, fish, chicken, beef, veggies, salad, potstickers . . . okay, there's more but this is making me hungry.

I have to say, the servers are some of the nicest, most polite and efficient I've run into anywhere. I'm not sure if a tip is expected, but we always leave one because we are well taken care of.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

With choices from just about every Asian country, you won't go home hungry. Dim sum, sushi, traditional Chinese dishes like orange chicken and beef broccoli, many soup and salad choices and a dessert bar. The food is plentiful and fresh, the buffet seemingly neverending. The service is good and the atmosphere just okay. I will definitly be back - it is a good value on good food.