All reviews park hyatt kids club golf course bath products bedroom villa full kitchen north of san diego beautiful property home away from home pool staff video games main lobby time share la jolla tennis courts pool area relaxing stay
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a One Bedroom Resort Residence and we were very happy with our stay. The room is in white tone, very spacious, clean and very comfortable, as it is expected in a Four Seasons property. Before arriving, we told them it was our 8 night of our trip and they left us a lot of detergent and bounce so we could do many loads of laundry, very nice gesture!

The resort is in a very quiet part of Carlsbad, and the resort seemed fairly empty.

The pool was big enough, although not as nice as other pools we went to on this trip, it was still very enjoyable. We ate poolside for lunch and the food quality was okay at best and it took nearly an hour to receive three quesadillas. The server was very nice and apologetic about this situation.

Breakfast was weird, since the hotel was nearly empty, the restaurant was not open for breakfast, so we had to choice of ordering room service or going to a little café. We calculated that if we ordered just a regular breakfast for three, the bill would've come out to more than $120, so we decided to go to the café, which was okay, but just had danishes and bagels.

One strange thing is that it seems that you can dial anywhere in North-America without dialing 1 before the number. I needed to make a phone call and I usually try without the 1 to see if it's long distance, and as it went thru. I thought to myself it wasn't a long distance (calling from Carlsbad to Newport Beach). When I got my final bill, I was charged 7.49$/minutes. I had to argue to the front desk that, anywhere I go in North America, if it's not local, a message says you have to dial 1, so there was no way for me to know it was a long distance. That being the case I would've made the call thru another phone and not the hotel's. After a couple of minutes of arguing, they offered 50% off. I kept saying that I wouldn't pay for that and they finally reversed the charge. This did not make our stay less enjoyable, but I just wanted to make sure people going there are aware.

We will definitely go back to this resort if we ever go back to this region.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara is like no other place we've stayed. It's simply fabulous.......luxury surroundings, beautifully maintained grounds and units, comfortable furniture, fabulous pool setting,welcoming staff that is gracious and accomodating every minute of the day...I can't imagine what more they could offer! We enjoyed every minute of our stay! This is a property too wonderful to miss!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank poipupatt
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Guest room with canyon view was so quiet and private it was like our own private home
Pools are unreal with fantastic staff
We are time share members so didn't pay the daily rate but we love this place above most
PGA courses, torrey pines state park hike is the best
Chelsea at the osprey pool was 5 star

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We own 6 timeshares and have visited over 40 timeshares around the world. Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara is by far the finest we have ever visited. Staff is attentive, accommodations luxurious, plenty of nearby golfing, sights and restaurants. Enjoyed daily maid service that we don't usually receive at a timeshare. Used the fireplace daily. My husband and I enjoyed staying in the 1 bedroom and we would definitely consider a studio for us next time.

Room tip: Enjoyed being at Summit, which is away from lobby. A pool, exercise facility, coffee shop, and internet & printer access nearby.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had an amazing stay at the Four Seasons resort. We are not timeshare owners but were able to book rooms directly through the Four Season website at a nightly rate. The resort itself is amazing and exactly what you would expect from a Four Seasons property. Although it is not a full service hotel, the staff is very available and you feel like you are at a 5 star property.

The rooms are large and recently redone. The grounds are immaculate and we witnessed nearly non stop pruning and upkeep.

The pools are very nice with poolside service and full locker rooms including steam rooms.

Make sure and take advantage of the adjoining hotel's amenities, Park Hyatt Aviara, which you have full access to as a guest of the resort.

The City of Carlsbad is about 30 minutes from downtown San Diego but the community and surrounding areas are very upscale and beautiful. Lots of shopping, restaurants and conveniences very near the resort.

Room tip: Request a room in the Summit or Osprey areas for easy access to the hotel.
1  Thank phgraves42