“Worth every penny!!”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Worth every penny!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! The rooms were very spacious. Great insulation. Love the full kitchen! The staff was very helpful and friendly for the entire stay! Their free breakfast had lots to choose from. On weekday night they have a social hour with free appetizers, drinks, and cocktails. We took full advantage of their free shuttle. The shuttle drivers were all very friendly and gave us a mini tour on the drives to our destinations. Only time we had to drive all week was to the Zoo because it was kinda far away. The longest we ever had to wait for the shuttle was 10 minutes. All other times it was closer to 2 minutes. The shuttle took us to Legoland, dinners, shopping, and the beach. Which kept sand out of our car :-) If we go back to Carlsbad in the future we will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank AnEasyGoing1
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a trip advisor response. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

Again, thank you for completing a trip advisor response and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 760.929.8200 x404.

John Saunders
Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
london`
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked my son into the Hyatt last October, as he was beginning studies at the renowned GIA.I thought that he might only stay till he found some room-mates to move in elsewhere.
Come last December he said that he really didn't want to leave

I know it might seem expensive, but they provide breakfast an evening social most nights.BBQ,wi-fi and important for a non-driver a free shuttle service to classes and town as well.

My wife and I have just returned from a visit.The staff are kind and attentive.The manger John Saunders cares about his guests.Thank you brenda for posting my t-shirt to my brother it arrived.My son is doing well at the GIA and I'm glad that the hotel has made this important time stressless.I would say a very pleasant atmosphere all round

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is located in a business district, so evening travel on the roads surrounding the hotel is limited, so the hotel is very quiet. It is located about 1/2 mile from a wonderful, scenic stretch of ocean with biking, running, and walking paths. Plenty of surfers to be seen as well. I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler in this area, and I plan on visiting this hotel again later this week.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike F
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future; please let me or any of the Staff members know if we can be any further assistance.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 760.929.8200 x404.

John Saunders
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Would like to thank the staff by name, (I'm here all week, every week on business).

Thank you; John, Lynn, Tom, Brenda, Rudy, Sherine, Miguel, Bridget, Lauren, James, Lisa, German, Brenda G., Rosalie, Erik, ken, and Shane!. Since i have been here every week for the last year, I've come to know you all by first name. You all make me feel at home. the Hotel is well kept, perfect location, Clean rooms and amenities, looking forward to future stays!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Eddie,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us a survey regarding your recent stay.

On behalf of the Staff, we truly appreciate you staying with us. Please let us know if we can be any further assistance in the future. We do hope next time you’re in the Carlsbad area you will be sure and stay with Hyatt House.

I will be sure and reach out to each Staff member and thank them.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

A large group of coworkers and I have been staying at this hotel for the past year, and let me tell you it is like a home away from home. The hotel itself is quaint and homey. Located just blocks from the ocean side, the hotel gives a sense of relaxation that will take a hold of you. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful, especially Lynn, German Benitez and Rosalie Mccullor. They ensure that our stay is very pleasant. A great place to stay for vacation and even a longer period of time. What other hotel offers breakfast and an evening social? Not many...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Dias,

On behalf of the Staff here at Hyatt House Carlsbad we appreciate you staying with us and will be sure each and every stay is an awesome one.

I will be sure and reach out to each Staff member and thank them. You're always welcome here.

Take care,
John
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We are a large construction firm with many managers, executives and craft employees staying at this facility since December of 2012. The facilities are very clean and well maintained. The staff is OUTSTANDING. They are friendly, courteous and helpful. Especially the assistant Manager, Lynn, who has gone above and beyond the norm to ensure that our people are taken care of and comfortable in this "away from home" environment. She has maintained an enjoyable atmosphere for our people throughout our stays by being extremely attentive to minor details that enhance our experience. Special thanks and recognition are sent to other members of the staff, Arman, Rose, Brenda and Ken for your past assistance and courtesies. They are fun and all make us feel welcome. We'll be here for a while longer because we like the facilities and appreciate the efforts of the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard M
Dear valued guest:

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
From the Staff of Hyatt House Carlsbad
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great home away from home type hotel. I travel with two kids (2 and 4) so I'm always looking to make sure that "family-friendly" is at the top of the list when I stay at hotels. Sure the train tracks are right there, but my kids love to see it so it doesn't bother us. Staff is friendly and the mood is relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your recent experience was at the Hyatt House Carlsbad. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again soon. We appreciate the feedback and always strive to be the best. Thank you again, enjoy the rest of your week.